At the moment JetBlue has a 20% off “friends, family, and frenemies” sale. Hah. This promotion is valid for bookings through 11:59PM ET tomorrow, Wednesday, November 15, 2017, and has the following restrictions:
- You must use promotion code BFF
- The 20% off applies only to the base fare, and not taxes and fees
- Valid for travel between November 29, 2017, and February 14, 2018, with blackout dates of December 15, 2017, through January 10, 2018
- Excludes travel on Fridays and Sundays
- Not valid on previous bookings
The promotion is only valid for flights (and not vacation packages, etc.), and unfortunately flights in JetBlue’s excellent Mint cabin are excluded.
JetBlue has a revenue based frequent flyer program, meaning that the number of points required for a redemption is correlated directly to the cost of a revenue ticket. However, since a promotion code is required to take advantage of this promotion, award flights wouldn’t be discounted. That’s because award prices are based on the published, public costs, and don’t factor in any promotions.
However, if you’re looking to redeem points, the good news is that JetBlue is offering a 15% refund on award tickets booked by 11:59PM ET tonight. If you have JetBlue Plus Card you get a further 10% off, for a total of up to 25% off the cost of an award flight.
The basic terms of that promotion are as follows:
- Valid for travel through February 14, 2018
- Registration is required, and refunded points should post within 4-6 weeks of the end of the promotion
- Unlike many past promotions, there are no further day of the week restrictions, blackout dates, etc., and Mint redemptions qualify
So regardless of whether you’re looking to score a deal on an award or a revenue ticket, there are quite a few options available through JetBlue at the moment. As far as US airline main cabin experiences go, JetBlue is unbeatable, in my opinion.
(Tip of the hat to Running With Miles)