In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
IHG Rewards Club’s PointBreaks is traditionally one of the best promotions in the hotel industry. Through this promotion, select hotels are available for just 5,000 points per night. I value IHG points at ~0.5 cents each, so to me that’s the equivalent of booking a hotel stay for ~$25 per night.
If you have the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card you get a 10% refund on points redemptions, for a refund of up to 100,000 points per year. That lowers the cost per award night for those with the card to 4,500 points, which is even better. If you don’t yet have the card, getting it should be a no brainer for most. The card offers IHG Rewards Club Platinum status for as long as you have the card, plus an anniversary free night certificate, valid at virtually any IHG property in the world.
Also keep in mind that at the moment IHG Rewards Club is selling points with up to a 100% bonus, which can be a great way to pick up points on the cheap that can be redeemed for a PointBreaks hotel. You can still buy them now and have them post to your account in time for the PointBreaks list going live on Monday.
IHG’s newest round of PointBreaks hotels is now bookable at the below links (we shared the list on Friday before it became bookable), valid for bookings and stays between October 30, 2017, and January 31, 2018. There are 100+ hotels participating in this round of PointBreaks, and as of now they’re actually bookable.
The Crowne Plaza Belfast is bookable for 5,000 points per night
Keep in mind that each member can only book two PointBreaks reward night reservations per hotel per promotion period. Those stays can be for as long as you’d like, but you are limited to two reservations. Furthermore, keep in mind that the better hotels tend to book out quickly.
With that in mind, here’s the full list of properties participating in this round of PointBreaks:
IHG hotels in Asia
IHG hotels in the Middle East
IHG hotels in Africa
IHG hotels in South America
IHG hotels in North America
IHG hotels in Canada
IHG hotels in Mexico
IHG hotels in the United States
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarksville
- Candlewood Suites West Little Rock
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Malvern
- Crowne Plaza Chicago – Burr Ridge
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mount Vernon
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rantoul
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pratt
- Candlewood Suites Topeka West
- Candlewood Suites Wichita-Northeast
- Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick
- Holiday Inn Flint – Grand Blanc Area
- Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids- Airport
- Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
- Candlewood Suites Nanuet-Dockland County
- Holiday Inn Express Rochester – Greece
- Candlewood Suites Harrisburg – Hershey
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Marys
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown
- Candlewood Suites Bay City
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carrizo Springs
- Staybridge Suites Fort Worth – Fossil Creek
- Candlewood Suites Longview
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Snyder
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sulphur Springs
IHG hotels in Europe
Are you booking any IHG PointBreaks stays?