Oh, I sure do love Virgin Atlantic. Today they came out with a fun promotion they’re calling “#ABBA,” or “Anyone But British Airways.”
Here’s how it works:
Today we’ve launched something that we know you’ll want to make a song and dance about! If, as the Sunday Times suggests, you’re one of the growing number of people who want to fly ‘Anyone But British Airways’ then you absolutely must take a chance on this glittering offer…
We’re giving you £50 off any fare to any of our worldwide destinations from the UK, all you need to do is quote #ABBA when you call up and make a booking directly with us.
My my, how can I resist you?
If this sounds like music to your ears then you’ll need to act fast as this red hot deal is only available from 00:01 Thursday 27 July until 23:59 Friday 28 July.
Take a look at our full terms and conditions below and save a bit of money, money, money.
Here are the terms associated with the promotion:
- All bookings must be made via telephone.
- Please call the team on 0344 209 4715 and quote ABBA promotion.
- £50 discount applied per person.
- Child/infant discounts apply to the discounted adult fare.
- This offer is only available for new bookings with Virgin Atlantic made through Virgin Atlantic from 00h01 on Thursday 27 July until 23h59 on Friday 28 July 2017.
- This offer is only valid on Virgin Atlantic operated flights departing from UK airports.
- Flight route, dates, booking class and cabin are all subject to availability at the time of booking with Virgin Atlantic.
- All bookings are subject to Virgin Atlantic’s conditions of carriage.
This is all a bit of a gimmick, given that you have to book by phone to take advantage of this deal (on the plus side, at least there’s no phone booking fee). If they really intended to run this as a promotion they wanted people to take advantage of, you’d think they’d let promo code “ABBA” work online as well, or something.
Nonetheless as someone who definitely prefers Virgin Atlantic to British Airways, I appreciate the spirit of the promotion. 😉
And now I can’t stop listening to Abba music… thanks Virgin Atlantic. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of their music videos, though. This is… interesting.
(Tip of the hat to LoyaltyLobby)