Daily Getaways is back this year, which is a five week promotion intended to promote US tourism. It offers opportunities to purchase discounted hotel points and travel packages.
I’ve shared my initial thoughts on the packages for sale, including the offers for weeks one and two. Daily Getaways packages go on sale at 1PM ET every weekday, and the more popular packages sell out very quickly, so you’ll want to be fast, if interested.
Alamo reward certificate details
Daily Getaways is selling 2,000 of these certificates, and each person can purchase up to three of them. The cost is $25, and you receive a $50 reward certificate that you can use the next time you rent a car from Alamo.
However, there are some terms to be aware of. Here are the ones I consider to be most important:
- Certificate amount will be applied to total base rate for the entire rental period, and may not be applied to taxes, other government-authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment/air tax recovery and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fee, one (1)-way rental charge, or optional items, which are the responsibility of the renter.
- Certificate not valid with any other discount, offer, or promotional rate, except you may combine up to three (3) separate certificates per single rental.
- When using more than one (1) certificate, reservations must be made by calling 1-866-626-9102.
- Any unused portion of the certificate will be forfeited, and no residual credit or refunds will be issued if the certificate is not fully used.
- Offer valid for rentals at participating locations in the United States.
Unfortunately the certificates are only valid towards the base rate, and don’t apply to things like taxes, one-way rental charges, etc. Furthermore, you can’t use a certificate in conjunction with another discount, offer, or promotional rate.
However, the good news is that you can combine up to three of these certificates on one reservation. In other words, if you buy three certificates, you’d be spending a total of $75 for $150 worth of certificates. I’d say that’s an excellent deal, assuming you ever rent from Alamo.
This is a niche Daily Getaways deal that some people will find valuable, while I know others won’t be interested. If you rent cars with any frequency and aren’t loyal to one car rental company, it’s tough to go wrong with this deal. At the same time, do keep in mind you won’t be able to use other discounts in conjunction with this offer. You’ll still likely come out ahead booking at 50% off rather than taking advantage of other discounts.
Do you plan on taking advantage of the Alamo Daily Getaways deal?