In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Since September 1, 2016, Hilton HHonors has been offering their Double Up promotion, where you can earn double HHonors base points for all stays through the end of the year. This is essentially the same promotion that Hilton has been offering all year, which is great given that all properties are participating in the promotion.
Well, Hilton has just announced a great add on to this promotion. For the rest of the year you can earn triple HHonors base points for all stays booked through the Hilton HHonors app. Here are the basic details they’ve shared with me:
- Book and complete any stay from October 4 – December 31, 2016 on the Hilton HHonors app and earn Triple Points.
- If you’ve already registered for the Double Up promotion prior to October 4, you will not have to register again to earn Triple Points for stays booked in the app.
- The Hilton HHonors app is available in both the Apple App Store and the Google PLAY Store for download. For more information, visit www.HHonors.com/App.
- Once again, all hotels are participating, there’s no Point cap max, and no minimum night requirement.
This is a pretty compelling promotion at this point, among the best we’ve seen from Hilton in a long time.
As I’ve said before, Hilton does offer a very good return on everyday spend for hotel stays. If you’re a Diamond member with the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card you’d earn an average of 50 points per dollar spent with Hilton:
- 10 base points per dollar spent
- 5 additional points per dollar spent for choosing Points & Points
- 10 bonus points per dollar spent through the Double Up promotion
- 10 bonus points per dollar spent for booking through the app
- 5 bonus points per dollar spent if a Diamond member
- 10 points per dollar spent on the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card
I value Hilton points at ~0.4 cents each, so that’s quite a compelling return as you can see. Even as a non-elite member not using Hilton’s credit card you’re looking at 35 bonus HHonors points per dollar spent.
Kudos to Hilton on this promotion. Given that all properties are participating, that there are no minimum stay requirements, and that there are no thresholds, this is a pretty compelling promotion for the average person. 35+ points per dollar spent at Hilton properties is tough to beat… just be sure you book through the app starting tomorrow.