For a while now, Starwood has been rolling out SPG Keyless, whereby you can use your smartphone as your room key, which allows you to skip the front desk altogether. I shared my experience using SPG Keyless at the W Lakeshore Chicago, and was really impressed by the offering.
While I still value contact with the front desk on many stays (when I want to see what kind of upgrades are available, etc.), just as often I’m checking in for a quick stay and just want to get to my room as quickly as possible. And SPG Keyless is awesome in those situations.
Anyway, Starwood is offering a generous promotion for 2,500 bonus Starpoints after using SPG Keyless for a stay and paying with a registered American Express card.
Here are the basic details of the promotion:
- Register for the offer prior to your first eligible stay
- Book a stay at a participating SPG Keyless property, which includes select W, Aloft, and Element hotels; use an American Express card to pay for the stay
- Stay between November 20, 2015, and February 29, 2016
- Use SPG Keyless during the stay to access your room (which requires downloading the SPG app and registering your mobile device)
- The bonus can be earned once, and bonus Starpoints will post to accounts 2-4 weeks after the eligible stay; best I can tell you’re still eligible for the bonus if you’ve used SPG Keyless before, as long as you haven’t benefited from this promotion yet
I value Starpoints at ~2.2 cents each, so that’s like a bonus of ~$55. That’s a huge bonus on a single stay, given that many Aloft properties don’t cost much more than that per night.
Given how valuable Starpoints are, I consider this to be an extremely lucrative promotion. Getting an extra ~$55 return just for paying with an American Express card and using SPG Keyless is pretty tough to beat.
And SPG Keyless is pretty awesome in its own right, so this is a cool incentive to do something which is worth trying anyway.
Do you plan on taking advantage of the SPG Keyless promotion?
(Tip of the hat to LoyaltyLobby)