Update: This offer for the Citi Prestige® Card has expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Reader Patrick123445 asked the following question in the “Ask Lucky” forum:
What kind of benefits do additional users get with the Citi Prestige® Card?
I consider this to be the all around hottest credit card, and as previously explained, the perks on the card include the following:
- A $250 annual airline credit
- A fourth night free hotel benefit
- The most comprehensive Priority Pass membership offered by any card
- A $100 Global Entry fee credit
The annual fee on the card is $450, though I consider that to be well worth it. The $250 airline credit is basically good as cash, as it can be used for virtually any airline purchase. And if you get the card soon, you’re basically looking at $500 worth of airline credits within the next couple of months.
Each authorized user on the Citi Prestige® Card costs $50. So which of the card’s perks apply exclusively to the primary card member, and which also apply to authorized users?
- The primary card member receives one $250 airline credit per year; that being said, if an authorized user makes an airline charge, the credit can be applied towards it (which is to say that adding an authorized user doesn’t get you an extra airline credit, but those charges are eligible for the credit)
- Fourth night free hotel benefit is exclusively for the primary card member
- The $100 Global Entry fee credit has to be charged to the primary card, though it doesn’t matter who actually applies for Global Entry
- Authorized users do receive a Priority Pass membership
That last point is pretty significant, since the Citi Prestige® Card arguably offers the most lucrative Priority Pass membership of any card. Not only does the Priority Pass member get lounge access, but they can also take either two guests or immediate family members with them at no additional cost. Getting a Priority Pass membership with guesting privileges for $50 per year is a pretty awesome deal.
Get access to the Alaska Board Room Los Angeles with a Priority Pass membership
Additional card members on the Citi Prestige® Card have the same bonus categories when it comes to everyday spend, but other than that the only other major benefit is a Priority Pass membership. Getting a full Priority Pass membership for $50 is a great deal, so it could still be worth adding an authorized user exclusively for that.
Personally I’d rather individually apply for the Citi Prestige® Card and get all the perks, given how many benefits there are on this card.
Has anyone added an authorized user to the Citi Prestige Card?