In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
As a reminder, these changes include the following:
- The annual fee being raised by $30 per year, from $65 to $95
- The elimination of foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary unlimited Boingo wifi
- Complimentary in-room premium internet access
- Sheraton club lounge access (for those with the business version of the card only)
These are some exciting changes, and I’d say in particular the Sheraton club lounge access which comes with the SPG Business AmEx is a huge new perk.
Through this promotion, Starwood is offering SPG Business AmEx cardmembers who register 1,000 bonus Starpoints after a stay of two or more nights between July 30 and August 30, 2015:
Earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints® when you register and stay two or more nights with SPG® hotels and resorts between July 30 and August 30, 2015 — exclusively for Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card Members.¹
We also hope you take advantage of these exciting new benefits, starting August 11, including:
- No foreign transaction fees on international purchases.²
- Complimentary in-room, premium Internet access while staying with SPG participating hotels.³ Booking requirements apply.
- Free, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1 million Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.4
- Complimentary access to the Sheraton® Club lounge. Booking requirements apply.5
Enjoy your 1,000 bonus Starpoints — wherever they take you
Each eligible member can earn the bonus once, so it’s not a huge promotion, though there’s no reason to leave 1,000 Starpoints on the table. You have to register to be eligible, and be sure to check out the full terms & conditions for all the fine print.
Again, in and of itself this promotion isn’t huge, though it can be stacked with all the other promotions SPG is running right now, including:
- Starwood’s Make It Count promotion, whereby you can earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints with every weekend stay of at least two nights
- Starwood’s Sheraton Free Weekends promotion, whereby you can earn one free weekend night at a Sheraton after every five nights
- Starwood is also offering targeted promotions this summer; for example, I can earn a 25% discount on a free night redemption after six stays this summer
- Starwood’s offer for a $50 gift card after three stays at select properties
I’m excited for the changes coming to Starwood’s co-branded American Express credit cards. While 1,000 bonus points isn’t a game changer, there’s no reason not to register if you already have the business version of the card and have upcoming stays.