Le Club Accor Hotels is offering an amazing bonus of 10,000 points which auto-convert to 5,000 Aeroplan miles with every hotel stay through December 31, 2014.
The terms & conditions of the promotion read as follows:
1. General Le Club Accorhotels terms and conditions apply to the 10,000 point Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer.
2. This offer is valid for a stay from 10/1/14 to 12/31/14 in one of the participating hotels, and booked between 10/1/14 and 12/31/14.
3. This offer entitles Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty members, regardless of their status, to benefit from earning 10,000 bonus points in one of the participating hotels worldwide.
4. In order to benefit from this bonus, the member must have selected Aeroplan as the preferred conversion option in their Le Club Accorhotels program account before the stay.
5. To benefit from this offer, your booking must be made on Accorhotels.com or our participating brands web sites or via Accor call centers. All other reservation channels will not be eligible to this offer.
6. You must provide your Le Club Accorhotels loyalty card number when making your reservation, and present your card at the reception desk of your hotel when you check-in for your stay.
7. For the purpose of this offer, a stay is one (1) reservation made by a Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty member for one or more rooms. For the avoidance of doubt, a reservation made for more than one room will therefore be considered as only one (1) stay.
8. The bonus will be credited in Le Club Accorhotels points within 10 days following the end of his/her stay and converted into Aeroplan Miles according to applicable conversion rule.
9. This offer cannot be combined with other current promotional offers or advantages and does not apply to groups.
10. This offer is subject to room availability. General sales terms and conditions apply for reserved public rates specific to each hotel.
As you can see, in order to be eligible the stay has to both be booked and occur between October 1 and December 31, 2014. Furthermore, you have to select Aeroplan as your preferred conversion option in your account before the stay in order to qualify.
There are two aspects of the promotion that aren’t especially clear:
- Which hotels qualify? The promotion references “participating hotels,” though makes no mention of what they are
- What kind of rates are eligible? The terms state that “the offer cannot be combined with other current promotional offers or advantages,” though is it safe to assume any type of rate qualifies? And if you’ve previously registered for another promotion, is there a way to forgo that promotion in favor of this one?
Gary claims that stays at budget brand hotels don’t qualify. I don’t see that anywhere in the terms, so I’ve reached out to Accor for clarification and will update this post once I receive an answer. Given that they have many budget brand hotels for under $50 per night, that would potentially be an amazing value.
But even if only Novotel and Sofitel properties qualify, as Gary suggests, there are still some great deals to be had for under $100 per night.
I value Aeroplan miles at maybe 1.4 cents each, so to me this is a “return” of about $70 per stay. Not bad!
If this promotion is as straightforward as it sounds, I’ll certainly make some Accor stays between now and the end of the year.
(Tip of the hat to Gary)