To celebrate their win at the Skytrax Awards this year, Cathay Pacific will be offering 2,014 business class and premium economy tickets for $100 each next week.
The tickets will go on sale at 8AM on Tuesday, August 26, 2014. Travel must originate in Hong Kong, and the eligible destination cities will be as follows:
- Bangkok — business class
- Cebu — business class
- Kuala Lumpur — business class
- Nagoya — business class
- Osaka — business class
- Taipei — business class
- Chicago — premium economy
- London — premium economy
- Male — premium economy
- Newark — premium economy
- Sydney — premium economy
Now, given how cheap the fares are it goes without saying that there are quite a few terms associated with it. There will be additional taxes and fuel surcharges on the ticket, though they’re not bad at all:
*Fares quoted are subject to applicable taxes and other surcharges.
As reference only, the fuel surcharges for tickets issued on/after 1 May 2014 are as follows:
For flights between Hong Kong and Southwest Pacific, North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Indian Subcontinent – HKD857 per flight sector;
For all other regional flights not mentioned above – HKD193 per flight sector;
Then the full terms for the offer are as follows:
Sales and Offer details
- Maximum of 2 tickets per transaction.
- Tickets are available at cathaypacific.com/fanfares only.
- Seats are limited and subject to availability.
- Journeys must begin and end in Hong Kong.
- Tickets are valid only on flights operated by Cathay Pacific.
- Offers are valid on selected flights in specific travel periods.
- Tickets are valid on flights/dates shown and are non-refundable.
- Fares are inclusive of Hong Kong Security Service Charge, but subject to applicable taxes and other surcharges.
- Asia Miles™ accrual is applicable.
- Cathay Pacific, and Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
- Passengers are advised to check the latest Hong Kong Government Outbound Travel Alert before planning their trip.
- For Club Miles / Club Sectors eligibility, please refer to Frequent Flyer Benefits
*Asia Miles™ terms and conditions
- Valid for members residing in Hong Kong and Macau only. Residency is determined by the registered member’s preferred mailing address as registered with Asia Miles.
- Membership number must be entered in the booking before the commencement of the first sector of the trip.
- Applicable to flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific only.
- Asia Miles will be credited to the member’s account 6 to 8 weeks after completion of travel.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. reserve the right to suspend, amend or modify any of these terms and conditions at any time at their sole discretion, without any prior notice or liability.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.
- Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
While I’m sure snagging one of these tickets will be competitive, 2,014 tickets at least sounds like a decent number. Do keep in mind that this offer is only valid for Asia Miles members residing in Hong Kong, which is defined as having your preferred mailing address on your account registered there. The tickets are even eligible for mileage accrual, so this can be a good mileage run if nothing else.
Cathay Pacific premium economy
(Tip of the hat to Christopher)