I can’t say I really stay at Wyndham properties much, and for that matter can’t say I really like their rewards program, especially after they devalued their mileage transfer ratios without any advance notice earlier this month.
Those of you who do, however, should make sure to register for their current promotion, which offers 5,000 points for stays booked between February 12th and May 14th, for travel through May 21st.
Similar to their “Groundhog Day” promotion, this is pretty lackluster compared to what’s being offered by just about every other brand, including:
- Starwood Bring On The Nights Promotion: 2,500 bonus Starpoints for every five eligible nights you stay, up to 10,000 bonus Starpoints and 20 eligible nights. You also get an additional 5,000 bonus Starpoints when you hit 25 eligible nights.
- Hyatt Endless Possibilities Promotion: Up to four free nights (at up to a category four hotel) or up to 50,000 Gold Passport points after staying 20 eligible nights.
- Club Carlson Stay 3 Nights Get 1 Free Promotion: Earn 38,000 bonus Club Carlson points after three nights.
- IHG Rewards Club Big Win Promotion: Earn bonus IHG Rewards Club points for completing certain tasks, which vary by member.
- Hilton Weekend Rewards: 1,000 bonus HHonors points for every night you stay, plus 5,000 bonus HHonors points for weekend stays of two nights or more
Not only is the qualification window shorter, but previously booked reservations don’t qualify and the bonus itself isn’t that great.
However, these promotions should stack!
So any reservations booked at qualifying rates between now and March 21, 2014 for hotel stays completed by March 28, 2014, would qualify for both promotions. The Groundhog day promotion is capped at four hotel stays, though you can earn the bonus points for up to three rooms per stay. So you could potentially rack up quite a few points this way.
You can find a full list of Wyndham properties participating in this promotion here.