American has a pretty cool promotion in conjunction with the AAdvantage award map they launched a few months ago.
If you follow this link and learn about American’s award map you’ll be entered to win some prizes, like 25,000 AAdvantage miles. However, even if you “lose” you still get 2,500 AAdvantage miles off your next online award redemption.
The fine print of the 2,500 AAdvantage mile discount is as follows:
- You must book your flight between June 26 and July 24, 2013
- Travel must occur between September 4 and November 20, 2013
- You must book travel on aa.com, though it can include partner airlines (too bad Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines awards aren’t bookable on aa.com)
- The 2,500 mile rebate will be posted to your account within 6-8 weeks
- You can only earn the rebate once per AAdvantage account
This is a pretty awesome promotion, especially since it can be used in conjunction with the 10% award rebate available to Citi AAdvantage card members.
(Tip of the hat to Alex)