Starwood Preferred Guest’s current promotion is valid for stays through January 15, 2018. Specifically, through this promotion you can:
- Earn 500 bonus points per stay at Aloft, Element, and Four Points, and 1,000 points per stay at Design Hotels, Le Meridien, Luxury Collection, Sheraton, St. Regis, Tribute Portfolio, W, and Westin
- On top of that, earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 25 or more nights during the promotion period
It looks like we now also have an idea of what Starwood’s first quarter 2018 promotion will look like. While the details haven’t been formally published, FlyerTalk member coolfish1103 shares what seems to be the details of the first quarter promotion of next year, though it’s in Mandarin.
It looks like the promotion will be called “SPG Great Weeks, Grand Weekends,” and the basic details are as follows:
- Registration will open on Monday, December 18, 2017, and stay open until March 31, 2018
- The promotion will be valid for stays between January 16 and April 15, 2018
- You’ll earn double Starpoints for all stays, and an additional 500 Starpoints for weekend stays
We’ll have to wait until Monday to find out the full details, including whether there’s a minimum number of nights you have to stay in order to earn these bonuses, and also to see which properties aren’t participating in this promotion. This promotion seems identical to the one that Starwood offered in the first quarter of 2011 — it even had the same name.
Overall this seems like a decent promotion. I value Starpoints at ~2.2 cents each, so you’d earn an extra two Starpoints (or ~4.4% return) for stays during the promotion period. Then you’d earn an extra $11 worth of points for weekend stays. So while it’s not worth changing hotels over, I’ll certainly take it.
I’ll post again on Monday once the promotion goes live and we know the full details.
What do you make of Starwood’s rumored first quarter 2018 promotion?