In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
For the past few years, most of IHG’s global hotel promotions have been customized. Everyone gets some type of offer, but different members get targeted for different versions of the offer. The logic is that hotel loyal programs want to generate incremental business, so they’d like to get you to increase the business you’d otherwise give them, rather than just reward you for stays you’d make anyway.
The past several such promotions have been called “Accelerate,” including the promotion that IHG is running at the moment. IHG’s current Accelerate offer runs through December 31, 2017. However, IHG has just announced the details of their next Accelerate offer, valid for stays between January 1 and April 30, 2018. To see the details of your Accelerate offer, log into this page and then register.
My version of the offer is for up to 74,700 bonus points after completing up to nine tasks.
My tasks include the following:
- Stay Once Get 2,000 Bonus Points — 2,000 bonus points (stay once during the promotion period)
- Stay More, Earn More — 10,000 bonus points (stay five nights during the promotion period)
- Discover Our Brands — 19,200 points (stay at three IHG brands during the promotion period)
- A Bonus Weekend Stay — 4,000 points (stay a Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night)
- Explore With Confidence — 12,000 points (stay in any country in Europe, Greater China, Asia Pacific, Middle East, or Africa)
- Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card — 1,500 bonus points (pay for one stay with your IHG credit card)
- Your Achievement Bonus — 19,000 bonus points (for completing five of the six offers)
On top of that there are two further offers, unrelated to the achievement bonus:
- Refer A Friend And Earn — 5,000 bonus points (refer a friend who enrolls in IHG Rewards Club and makes a stay by April 30, 2018)
- January Bonus Offer — 2,000 bonus points (stay once in January)
This promotion has the potential to be sort of lucrative. For example, if I stayed a total of five nights, and those stays were at three different brands, one was over a weekend, one was in January, and one was in one of the above regions, I’d earn a total of 69,700 points.
I value IHG points at ~0.6 cents each, so to me that’s like a return of ~$420, or $84 per night. That’s a really great return, given than it doesn’t include the points you usually earn, and also given that IHG has many reasonably priced hotels. However, that doesn’t account for the fact that I’d have to be pretty conscious with planning my travels to hit all of the above requirements with those five nights. I’m certainly tempted…
What does your first IHG Accelerate offer of 2018 look like?