In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
As I posted about earlier, IHG Rewards Club’s next PointBreaks list will be bookable starting on Monday. PointBreaks is one of IHG’s best promotions, where you can book select hotels for only 5,000 points per night. I value those points at ~0.5 cents each, so to me that’s like booking select hotels for just ~$25 per night.
As you’d expect, for the most part they’re not putting their best hotels on the list, so don’t expect to score the InterContinental Sydney or Paris through this offer. However, they do often have some decent properties on the list, with the best hotels selling out quickest.
Therefore it’s always worth taking a look at the PointBreaks list before it actually becomes bookable, so that you can potentially plan your travels and book the second the list goes live in Monday.
IHG has now released the list of 100+ properties that will be participating in the next round of PointBreaks, valid for bookings between October 30, 2017, and January 31, 2018.
The Crowne Plaza Panama is on this PointBreaks list
If you have the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card you get a 10% refund on points redemptions, for a refund of up to 100,000 points per year. That lowers the cost per award night for those with the card to 4,500 points, which is even better. If you don’t yet have the card, getting it should be a no brainer for most. The card offers IHG Rewards Club Platinum status for as long as you have the card, plus an anniversary free night certificate, valid at virtually any IHG property in the world.
Also keep in mind that at the moment IHG Rewards Club is selling points with up to a 100% bonus, which can be a great way to pick up points on the cheap that can be redeemed for a PointBreaks hotel. You can still buy them now and have them post to your account in time for the PointBreaks list going live on Monday.
Here’s the full list, which has to be one of the most underwhelming PointBreaks list I’ve ever seen (there’s not a single InterContinental or Hotel Indigo on the list):
IHG hotels in Asia
IHG hotels in the Middle East
IHG hotels in Africa
IHG hotels in South America
IHG hotels in North America
IHG hotels in Canada
IHG hotels in Mexico
IHG hotels in the United States
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarksville
- Candlewood Suites West Little Rock
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Malvern
- Crowne Plaza Chicago – Burr Ridge
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mount Vernon
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rantoul
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pratt
- Candlewood Suites Topeka West
- Candlewood Suites Wichita-Northeast
- Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick
- Holiday Inn Flint – Grand Blanc Area
- Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids- Airport
- Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
- Candlewood Suites Nanuet-Dockland County
- Holiday Inn Express Rochester – Greece
- Candlewood Suites Harrisburg – Hershey
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Marys
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown
- Candlewood Suites Bay City
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carrizo Springs
- Staybridge Suites Fort Worth – Fossil Creek
- Candlewood Suites Longview
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Snyder
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sulphur Springs
IHG hotels in Europe
Are there any PointBreaks hotels you’re hoping to book?