In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Of the major global hotel loyalty programs, Hilton Honors is the only one that has been offering uninterrupted points promotions all year:
- Through January 31, 2017, Hilton offered their “Triple Up” promotion, through which you could earn double points for all stays, or triple points for bookings made through the Hilton app
- Between February 1 and April 30, 2017, Hilton offered their “2K Every Day” promotion, through which you could earn 2,000 bonus points per night for all stays
- Between May 1 and August 31, 2017, Hilton has been offering their “Go More Get More” promotion, through which you can earn double points for all stays, and Diamond members earn triple points for all stays
Hilton has just announced the details of their next promotion, which will last through the end of the year. Between September 1 and December 31, 2017, Hilton Honors members can earn double points for all stays. On top of that, Honors Diamond members will earn 10,000 bonus points after every 10 nights, up to a maximum of up to 50,000 bonus points.
The promotion is valid for stays at all hotels globally, except Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China. Furthermore, registration is required prior to the first eligible stay.
Hilton already offers a solid return on hotel spend, and it only gets better with this promotion. For example, you can earn:
- 10 base points per dollar spent
- 5 additional points per dollar spent for choosing Points & Points
- 10 bonus points per dollar spent through the double points promotion
- 2.5 bonus points per dollar spent if a Gold member, or 5 bonus points per dollar spent if a Diamond member
- 12 points per dollar spent on the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express
A Diamond member paying with the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express would be earning 42 Honors points per dollar spent, which is fantastic. That doesn’t even include the 10,000 bonus points after every 10 nights. Meanwhile a Gold member paying with the same card would be earning 39.5 Honors points per dollar spent.
This is on top of the 500 bonus points per app booking that you can earn through the end of 2017.
Furthermore, you can earn an additional 500 bonus points per booking when you reserve and pay with the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express.
Hilton Honors has been by far the most generous of any hotel loyalty program this year when it comes to the quality and consistency of their promotions. Ultimately all of Hilton’s promotions have been quite similar, and for most members, this promotion is identical to the previous one. For Diamond members, this promotion is better than the last one if your average nightly rate is less than $100, while it’s worse if your average nightly rate is higher.
Be sure you register for the promotion, since you never know when you might find yourself at a Hilton.