Earlier I wrote about how Alaska Airlines is offering a bonus through their Mileage Plan shopping portal. Through August 18, 2017, you can earn up to 1,000 bonus Alaska miles for purchases made through the Mileage Plan shopping portal. Specifically, the promotion works as follows:
- Spend $125, earn 300 bonus miles
- Spend $350, earn 1,000 bonus miles
However, that’s not the only promotion for partner activity that Alaska is offering at the moment. You can also earn up to 3,000 bonus miles for partner activity. Apparently some Mileage Plan members were emailed about this today. I wasn’t, but was still able to register, and there’s nothing in the terms suggesting that this promotion is targeted.
The promotion is called the “Dash For Miles Challenge,” and offers 1,000 bonus miles for each of three partner activities between August 7 and September 30, 2017. You can earn 1,000 bonus miles for each of the following:
- Going to a restaurant participating in Mileage Plan Dining
- Making a purchase through Mileage Plan Shopping
- Doing a survey with The Opinion Terminal
That’s a total of up to 3,000 bonus miles. Keep in mind that those bonus miles are in addition to the normal bonuses offered for each of those. Right now you can:
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles for making a purchase of at least $350 through the Mileage Plan Shopping Portal
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles for making a purchase of at least $30 with Mileage Plan Dining
- Earn 400 bonus miles after completing your first survey with The Opinion Terminal
Registration for the promotion is required prior to the first qualifying transaction, and bonus miles should post within six weeks of when qualifying activity posts.
Some of these are potentially worth taking advantage of. For example, if you’ve never used the Mileage Plan Dining platform, you can earn 2,000 bonus miles after spending $30 — I value those miles at more than $30, so it’s like a free meal.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Alaska’s “Dash For Miles Challenge?”
(Tip of the hat to Doctor Of Credit)