Daily Getaways is back this year, which is a five week promotion intended to promote US tourism. It offers opportunities to purchase discounted hotel points and travel packages.
Daily Getaways packages go on sale at 1PM ET every weekday, and the more popular packages sell out very quickly, so you’ll want to act fast, if interested. Today at 1PM ET you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a $1,000 Orbitz promo code for $650.
This is a new promotion for 2017, though in 2016 Daily Getaways offered a very similar promotion through Expedia.
This is a promotion that many may find valuable, though there are some strings attached. Orbitz is selling 55 Orbitz promo codes. Each gets you $1,000 worth of pre-paid hotels, and the cost is $650. On the surface that might sound good, though there are some things to be aware of:
- The promo code must be used for a hotel stay by December 31, 2018
- Each person can buy at most one promo code
- If you successfully buy one of these, the promo code will be emailed to you within 10 days
- You can only use the coupon towards a single hotel booking, so if your stay doesn’t total $1,000, you’ll be throwing away the difference in cost (and you can’t use this towards flights, car rentals, etc.)
- This is only valid for pre-paid hotel reservations at “select hotels,” though they don’t define which hotels those include
If I had to guess, I’d say that this is probably usable at a vast majority of hotels, though there’s quite a bit of uncertainty here. The big restrictions are the need to book a single pre-paid reservation of at least $1,000. This could be a good deal at independent hotels, but keep in mind that booking through Orbitz typically precludes you from earning points in your preferred loyalty program.
So personally I won’t be taking advantage of this, especially given the uncertainty surrounding the offer. However, others will likely find it worthwhile. Just be sure you know what you’re getting yourself into.
Does anyone plan on buying a $1,000 Orbitz promo code for $650?