In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
IHG Rewards Club’s PointBreaks is traditionally one of the best promotions in the hotel industry. Through this promotion, select hotels are available for just 5,000 points per night. I value IHG points at ~0.5 cents each, so to me that’s the equivalent of booking a hotel stay for ~$25 per night.
Also keep in mind that if you have the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card you get a 10% refund on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points back each year. That means for the first million points you redeem each year you get a 10% discount, so you’d be paying an effective 4,500 points for each PointBreaks night.
IHG’s newest round of PointBreaks hotels is now bookable at the below links (we shared the list on Friday before it became bookable), valid for bookings and stays between April 24 and July 31, 2017. There are 100 hotels participating in this round of PointBreaks, and as of now they’re actually bookable. On the plus side, this is for travel over peak summer dates, which I imagine will interest many. Unfortunately this list is also sort of depressing, so the number of good options are very limited.
Keep in mind that each member can only book two PointBreaks reward night reservations per hotel per promotion period. Those stays can be for as long as you’d like, but you are limited to two reservations. Furthermore, keep in mind that the better hotels tend to book out quickly.
With that in mind, here’s the full list of properties participating in this round of PointBreaks:
Hotels in Asia:
PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
- Holiday Inn Express Chongqing University Town
- HUALUXE Nanchang High-Tech Zone
- Holiday Inn Chengdu Qinhuang
Hotels in Africa:
Hotels in Australia:
Hotels in South America:
Hotels in Latin America and Mexico:
Hotels in North America:
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakville @ Bronte
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown – Toronto Area
- Holiday Inn Express Delano Hwy 99
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lathrop
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln-Roseville Area
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Peoria At Grand Prairie
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Chicago O’Hare – Rosemont
- Holiday Inn Express Clayton (SE Raleigh)
- Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurinburg
- Holiday Inn Budd Lake – Rockaway Area
- Holiday Inn Somerset-Bridgewater
- Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro
- Holiday Inn Auburn-Finger Lakes Region
- Holiday Inn Middletown-Goshen
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
- Candlewood Suites Knoxville Airport-Alcoa
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Harriman
- Crowne Plaza Memphis East
- Holiday Inn Abilene – North College Area
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Round Rock – Austin N
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cuero
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston NW – Hwy 290 Cypress
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Christiansburg
- Candlewood Suites Colonial Heights-Ft Lee
- Candlewood Suites Richmond North-Glen Allen
Hotels in Europe:
- Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct.7
- Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
- Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
- Holiday Inn Colchester
5,000 points per night for a hotel stay is a ridiculously good deal, so if you happen to have travel plans that take you to one of the above cities, I’d seriously consider taking advantage of this promotion. As usual, the you can get an even better value if you have the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card, as you get a refund of 500 points per night on these bookings. On the plus side, this is for travel over peak summer dates, though that also means the list isn’t very good — there’s not a single InterContinental or Hotel Indigo on the list.
If any of these hotels interest you I’d recommend booking sooner rather than later, as availability for the better properties usually disappears pretty quickly. You can always cancel the stay after booking, assuming you’re not within the cancellation deadline.
Do you plan on booking any hotels on the new PointBreaks list?