Daily Getaways is back this year, which is a five week program intended to promote US tourism. It offers opportunities to purchase discounted hotel points and travel packages.
I’ve shared my initial thoughts on the packages for sale, including the offers for weeks one and two, and also the offers for weeks three through five. Daily Getaways packages go on sale at 1PM ET every weekday, and the more popular packages sell out very quickly, so you’ll want to be fast, if interested.
Like most Daily Getaways packages, this one won’t be for everyone, though I do think there’s value to be had. There are six types of packages available here, each for two nights at certain Loews properties. The packages are available for bookings between June 1, 2017, and June 30, 2018.
The packages available for sale are as follows (if you click on the below links you can see all the details):
- Ocean View Suite at Loews Miami Beach — 2 Nights for $1,200 (5 available)
- Ocean View Suite at Loews Santa Monica — 2 Nights for $950 (2 available)
- Luxury Loews Hotel — 2 Nights for $275 (16 available)
- Four Diamond Loews Hotel — 2 Nights for $325 (20 available)
- Bridge-to-Bridge Suite at Loews San Francisco — 2 Nights for $1,300 (2 available)
- Suite at Loews Regency New York City — 2 Nights for $1,000 (5 available)
Four of the six packages are for specific suites at specific hotels.
The “Luxury Loews Hotel” package can be used for any of the following properties:
- Loews Annapolis Hotel, Annapolis, MD
- Loews Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, GA
- Loews Boston Hotel Hotel, Boston, MA
- Loews Chicago Downtown Hotel, Chicago, IL
- Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, Rosemont, IL
- Loews Hollywood Hotel, Hollywood, CA
- Loews Madison Hotel, Washington, D.C.
- Loews Minneapolis Hotel, Minneapolis, MN
- Loews New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans, LA
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
- Loews Regency New York Hotel, New York, NY
- Loews Santa Monica Hotel, Santa Monica, CA
- Hotel 1000 Seattle, Seattle, WA
- Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, TN
- Loews Ventana Canyon, Tucson, AZ
- Loews Hotel Vogue, Montreal, Canada
This is basically an opportunity to book the above hotels for $137.50 per night, which is a steal in many cases.
Hotel 1000 Seattle
The “Four Diamond Loews Hotel” package can be used at the following properties:
- Loews Miami Beach Resort, Miami Beach, FL
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando®
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort, Coronado Bay, CA
While this is a niche deal, I do think there are some great deals to be had here. Staying at a property like the Hotel 1000 in Seattle for $137.50 per night in summer is an exceptional deal. Similarly, if you were willing to pay cash for some of these suites, the package costs are significantly lower than the retail costs. However, keep in mind that these certificates are only valid for 13 months, so I wouldn’t buy them without a specific stay in mind.
Does anyone plan on buying one of these Loews hotel packages?