Daily Getaways is a promotion sponsored by the US Travel Association, which has been offered the past several years as a way of encouraging US tourism. The promotion has consisted of all kinds of travel packages, including offers on car rentals, hotel stays, loyalty program points, and theme park admission.
A bit over a week ago I shared a preview of the packages for the first and second week, while we hadn’t yet learned the details of the packages for the third, fourth, and fifth week. Daily Getaways has now revealed the details of the rest of this promotion. So, what can we expect from the last three weeks of Daily Getaways?
For the week of April 24-28, 2017, Daily Getaways packages include:
- Monday: $100 Carnival Cruise Line gift card for $85
- Tuesday: Discounted Avis car rentals and President’s Club membership
- Wednesday: Discounted Las Vegas MGM getaways
- Thursday: Discounted Las Vegas getaways at The Palazzo and The Venetian
- Friday: Discounted Choice Privileges points
For the week of May 1-5, 2017, Daily Getaways packages include:
- Monday: Discounted tickets to Universal Orlando
- Tuesday: Discounted Hilton Honors points
- Wednesday: Discounted Caesars Las Vegas getaways
- Thursday: Discounted Marriott gift cards
- Friday: $1,000 Orbitz promo code for $650
For the week of May 8-10, 2017, Daily Getaways packages include:
- Monday: Discounted Fairmont packages to Hawaii and San Francisco
- Tuesday: Discounted Hertz rentals
- Wednesday: Discounted World of Hyatt points
The vacation packages can represent a good deal if you were thinking of visiting one of those hotels anyway. I suspect the most popular deals will be the ones involving buying points.
Through this promotion you can buy Hilton points for just under half a penny each, which I’d say is a pretty fair value, though also isn’t a rate at which I’d speculatively pick them up. The deal on buying Hyatt points is excellent, as you can buy them for just over a penny each. However, that “deal” is almost more like a lottery, since it sells out within a second. Even if you’re there at exactly 1PM, you’ll probably find yourself refreshing the page and learning that all the packages are already sold out.
Are there any Daily Getaways packages from the last three weeks that interest you guys?