In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
At the moment Hilton’s co-branded American Express cards have the biggest sign-up bonuses I’ve ever seen, valid for applications through May 31, 2017. Specifically:
- The no annual fee Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express is offering 80,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after spending $2,000 in purchases within the first three months
- The $75 annual fee Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express is offering 100,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after spending $3,000 in purchases within the first three months; you also get a free weekend night valid at any Hilton Honors hotel on your first cardmember anniversary
Both of these cards have the best ever offers we’ve seen, so let’s look at them a bit more closely:
Ordinarily during a limited time sign-up bonus, this card will have a bonus of 75,000 points at most, so this is even better. You can earn 80,000 Honors points after spending $2,000 within three months. This is a fantastic no annual fee card, and offers the following return on spend:
- 7x points on Hilton purchases
- 5x points at US restaurants, US supermarkets, and US gas stations
- 3x points on other purchases
The card also offers Honors Silver status for as long as you have the card, which gets you a 15% points bonus. If you spend $20,000 on the card in a year you’ll earn Hilton Honors Gold status as well.
Keep in mind that all Hilton elite members receive a fifth night free on award stays, which is probably the most useful perk of being a Silver member. For a no annual fee card, this is pretty tough to beat. As a point of comparison, Citi also has a no annual fee Hilton card. The Citi® Hilton Honors™ Visa Signature® Card has a sign-up bonus of 75,000 points upon completing minimum spend.
This is an incredible sign-up bonus for this card. You earn a bonus of 100,000 points upon completing minimum spend, and then on your first cardmember anniversary earn a free night, which can be used for a stay that would otherwise retail for up to 95,000 points per night. You do have to pay the second year’s annual fee to get that, though we’re still talking about only $150 in annual fees for stays that are valued at up to 195,000 points. That’s really great.
The Surpass Card offers the following return on spend:
- 12x points on Hilton purchases
- 6x points at US restaurants, US supermarkets, and US gas stations
- 3x points on other purchases
The card also offers Honors Gold status for as long as you have the card, which gets you room upgrades, lounge access, free breakfast, etc. If you spend $40,000 on the card in a year you’ll earn Hilton Honors Diamond status as well.
Both of these card bonuses are valid to people who haven’t had the cards before, so you can potentially earn the sign-up bonus on both of these cards. These are both fantastic offers. Personally I’ve had the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express before, though I’m still eligible for the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express, which I consider to be the more compelling sign-up bonus anyway.
If you haven’t had either of these cards before, I’d highly recommend taking advantage of this offer.