In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
For a couple of months now The Blue for Business® Credit Card from American Express has offered an excellent increased sign-up bonus. This is actually a card that wasn’t ever on my radar, though I recently uncovered just how rewarding it is, and applied for it myself.
Anyway, the card’s increased sign-up bonus expires tomorrow, February 22, 2017. So if you haven’t yet applied for this card, you really should consider doing so.
Why? First of all, the card offers a sign-up bonus of up to an incremental 64,600 Membership Rewards points. That comes in the following form:
- 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after making your first purchase on the card within the first three months
- 10x points at U.S. restaurants on the first $2,000 in purchases for the first six months
- 2x points on all qualifying purchases on the first $50,000 for the first year (an additional one point per dollar spent)
On top of that, the card offers a 30% annual points bonus calculated based on the base points earned the previous year.
This card won’t be for everyone, but if you’re someone who could spend at least $50,000 on non-bonused spend and $2,000 on dining, this sign-up bonus is worth an incremental 64,600 Membership Rewards points, by my math. That’s a massive bonus, especially for a no annual fee card.
Furthermore, this is actually one of the most rewarding business cards out there for everyday, non-bonused spend. Earning 1.3 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on a no annual fee card is fantastic.
On top of that, keep in mind there are many other benefits to applying for an Amex small business card:
- Amex business cards don’t count towards Chase’s “5/24 limit”
- Amex business cards are anecdotally among the easiest to be approved for
- If you’re an existing Amex cardmember and end up not being approved for a card, you typically won’t get any sort of a pull on your credit report, as I explained in a previous post
- Anecdotally Amex has recently lifted the limit on how many credit cards you can have with them from four to five
So if you haven’t yet applied for The Blue for Business® Credit Card from American Express, I’d seriously consider doing so in the next 24 hours or so.