Through February 14, 2017, the Iberia Avios program is offering 25% off select economy and business class awards. The promotion is valid for travel in the following markets:
- To/from Madrid to Zurich, London, Wien and Moscow (valid for travel through June 14)
- To/from Madrid to Bogota, Medellin, Johannesburgo, Miami, New York, Boston, Chicago, Panama, Shanghai, Mexico and Lima (valid for travel through June 14, except the month of April)
- To/from Madrid to Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires and Havana (valid for travel May 1 through June 14)
The offer is valid for new bookings only. The promotion is only valid for travel over off-peak dates, which means that the following dates are excluded: April 7-18, April 21-24, April 28-29, May 2-3, May 6-8, and June 9-12).
As a reminder, the Iberia Avios program ordinarily charges:
- 17,000 Avios for economy or 34,000 Avios for business class for an itinerary covering 3,000-4,000 miles
- 21,250 Avios for economy or 42,500 Avios for business class for an itinerary covering 4,001-5,500 miles
So with the 25% discount, this means you can fly from between Madrid and Boston/Chicago/New York for just 25,500 Avios one-way in business class. Best of all, Iberia Plus doesn’t impose fuel surcharges for travel on Iberia.
As a reminder, British Airways Executive Club and Iberia Plus aren’t the same program, despite the fact that they both use Avios as their currency. So this promotion is only available through Iberia for travel on Iberia, and not through British Airways.
As Tiffany explained in a previous post, there are some things that make Iberia Avios unique, and fortunately they’re quite easy to accrue:
- You can transfer points from Amex Membership Rewards or Starwood Preferred Guest
- You can transfer points between British Airways Executive Club and Iberia Plus, but only if both accounts have been open for at least 90 days, and both accounts have had some sort of activity
Award availability on Iberia isn’t amazing at the moment, though there are plenty of dates with availability in the above markets. Paying just 25,500 Avios for a one-way transatlantic business class ticket with no fuel surcharges is an incredible value, so hopefully some of you can take advantage of this. Just keep in mind you have to book by tomorrow.