In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
IHG Rewards Club’s PointBreaks is traditionally one of the best promotions in the hotel industry. Through this promotion, select hotels are available for just 5,000 points per night. I value IHG points at ~0.5 cents each, so to me that’s the equivalent of booking a hotel stay for ~$25 per night.
Also keep in mind that if you have the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card you get a 10% refund on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points back each year. That means for the first million points you redeem each year you get a 10% discount, so you’d be paying an effective 4,500 points for each PointBreaks night.
IHG’s newest round of PointBreaks hotels is now bookable at the below links (we shared the list on Friday before it became bookable), valid for bookings and stays between January 30 and April 30, 2017. There are 125+ hotels participating in this round of PointBreaks, and as of now they’re actually bookable.
Keep in mind that each member can only book two PointBreaks reward night reservations per hotel per promotion period. Those stays can be for as long as you’d like, but you are limited to two reservations.
With that in mind, here’s the full list of properties participating in this round of PointBreaks:
Hotels in Asia and Australia:
People’s Republic of China
- Holiday Inn Express Baoji City Centre
- Holiday Inn Beijing Shijingshan Parkview
- Crowne Plaza HangzhouOneThousandIslandLake
- Holiday Inn Express Nantong Xinghu
- Crowne Plaza Tianjin Jinnan
Hotels in Africa:
Hotels in South America:
Hotels in Latin America and Mexico:
Hotels in North America:
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites El Dorado
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pine Bluff
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Russellville
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Morton Peoria Area
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rock Falls
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garden City
- Candlewood Suites Fort Campbell – Oak Grove
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pikeville
- Candlewood Suites Denham Springs
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raceland – Highway 90
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dearborn SW – Detroit Area
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lansing-Dimondale
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Farmington Hills – Detroit
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raleigh NE – Medical Center Area
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Reidsville
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Blackwell
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites El Reno
- Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City – Quail Springs
- Holiday Inn Express Athens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Covington
- Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raymondville
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shamrock North
- Staybridge Suites Tomball
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Zapata
Hotels in Europe:
- Holiday Inn Express Antrim – M2, Jct.1
- Holiday Inn Barnsley M1, Jct.37
- Holiday Inn Darlington – A1 Scotch Corner
- Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough – Centre Square
- Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct 16
5,000 points per night for a hotel stay is a ridiculously good deal, so if you happen to have travel plans that take you to one of the above cities, I’d seriously consider taking advantage of this promotion. As usual, the you can get an even better value if you have the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card, as you get a refund of 500 points per night on these bookings.
If any of these hotels interest you I’d recommend booking sooner rather than later, as availability for the better properties usually disappears pretty quickly. You can always cancel the stay after booking, assuming you’re not within the cancellation deadline.
Do you plan on booking any hotels on the new PointBreaks list?