In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Hilton HHonors has really stepped up their game the past year or so. I’ve been very impressed, both by their transparency, and also by their promotions.
Through January 31, 2017, Hilton is offering two compelling promotions that can be stacked, which were launched last year:
- You can earn double base points for all stays, or triple points for all stays booked through the HHonors app
- You can earn 5,000 bonus points per stay booked with a Visa card
Well, Hilton HHonors has now shared the details of their first new promotion of 2017.
Hilton’s 2K Every Day Promotion details
The new Hilton HHonors “2K Every Day Promotion” is as straightforward as it gets:
- Earn 2,000 bonus points per night, every day at all HHonors properties worldwide
- Valid for stays between February 1 and April 30, 2017
- There are no minimum stay requirements, and no maximum to how many points you can earn
A registration page will be coming soon, which I’ll be sure to share.
I value HHonors points at ~0.4 cents each, so to me 2,000 bonus points per night is like an extra return of $8 per night. That’s not half bad, especially when you consider it applies to all hotels.
This is all in addition to the points you usually earn for a stay, and Hilton has among the best earnings rates of any hotel chain for stays.
Members ordinarily earn 10 base points per dollar spent, plus an additional five points if they choose Points & Points as their earnings preference (which most people should be doing). That means base members earn 15 points per dollar spent. This doesn’t include:
- An additional 2.5 points per dollar for being a Gold member, or 5 points per dollar for being a Diamond member
- The points you earn for paying for your stay, like an extra 10 points per dollar for paying with the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card
So a Diamond member paying with the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card would be earning 30 points per dollar spent, plus 2,000 points per night. Obviously the return on spend will vary depending on whether your nightly rates average $70 per night or $500 per night, but I’d say that’s pretty solid.
Kudos to Hilton HHonors for offering such a straightforward promotion. There’s no gap between Hilton’s global promotions, all hotels are participating, and there’s no limit on how many points you can earn. Ultimately it’s not going to be as rewarding for short stays as Hilton’s previous promotion, but I wasn’t expecting another promotion like that right away.