This deal isn’t a reason to stop everything you’re doing and plan a trip to Paris, but if you are a Starwood loyalist and are headed to Paris in the coming months, it’s certainly a deal to be aware of.
Ford has written in the past about Starwood’s Luxury Privileges program, which is the Starwood equivalent of Virtuoso, American Express Fine Hotels & Resort, Four Seasons Preferred Partners, etc. Typically by booking through an advisor who belongs to Luxury Privileges you get a room upgrade based on availability, free breakfast, and some sort of property specific amenity, like a $100 food & beverage or spa credit.
However, at the moment Starwood Luxury Privileges has some generous offers for their three properties in Paris. Specifically, I’m talking about the Price de Galles (Luxury Collection), Westin Vendome, and W Opera.
Typically for booking through Luxury Privileges you receive the following benefits at these hotels:
- One 100 USD food and beverage credit per room, per stay
- Daily buffet breakfast for two guests
- Complimentary standard in-room internet access
- Upgrade on arrival, early check-in and late check-out which are all subject to availability
However, at the moment these hotels are offering a further deal:
- Receive a complimentary third night if staying between November 1, 2016, and April 30, 2017 (there are blackout dates of December 30, 31, 2016; February 28; March 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 2017
- Receive a confirmed room upgrade to the next category at the time of booking, subject to availability
- At the Price de Galles and the W, the Luxury Privileges rate is 10% less than the flexible rate (meanwhile at the Westin the Luxury Privileges rate is the same as the flexible rate, as is the norm)
Again, you’re not going to get any once in a lifetime deal here, but if you’re considering going to Paris this is certainly something to consider, especially if you might have otherwise considered staying at another chain, or redeeming points.
Getting 10% off the flexible rate, plus a confirmed upgrade, plus a third night free, plus a $100 food & beverage credit, plus free breakfast, etc., is tough to beat.
Picking a completely random date, you’ll see that the pre-paid rate at the W is 261EUR, the Luxury Privileges rate is 315EUR, and the flexible rate is 350EUR.
So for a total of 630EUR you’d get three nights, a confirmed upgrade, free breakfast, a $100 food & beverage credit, etc. You’d also earn Starpoints and stay credits as you usually would. For a hotel market as expensive as Paris, that’s quite a solid deal.
If you want to book a Luxury Privileges rate you’ll have to go through an eligible travel advisor. If you’re an advisor you can of course post your contact info below, or otherwise Ford is also happy to help, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to get an idea of what the Luxury Privileges rate is, just take a look at the flexible rates for the hotels, and then subtract 10% from Prince de Galles or the W.
Again, this isn’t any sort of a life changing deal, but I figure Paris is a popular city in our circles, and at a minimum this is a deal worth being aware of.