In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Update: This offer for the Citi Prestige is expired. You can find the current offer details here.
As I first wrote about a few days ago, it looks like some major changes are coming to the Citi Prestige Card. This card has had a great sign-up bonus for over a year, though earlier in the week we learned that some changes are coming to the card. We don’t what they are yet, but in general I assume they probably aren’t improving the card further, given how rewarding it already is:
- Earlier in the year I warned of similar changes to the Citi ThankYou Premier Card, and the sign-up bonus dropped from 50,000 points to zero
- The card is already so incredibly rewarding and offers outsized value
- We don’t know if it’s just the sign-up bonus changing, or if possibly other benefits are changing as well; if other benefits are changing, I’d assume old benefits will be grandfathered in for existing members for some amount of time
Again, the only thing I know for sure is that something is changing, though the details are unknown as of now. We can only make assumptions.
I’ve had the Citi Prestige Card since early last year, though last night Ford and my mom both applied for the card. They didn’t have it yet, and both got instantly approved through the online application.
In both cases it’s a no brainer for them to apply. I’ve written a post about the 11 reasons the Citi Prestige is the ultimate credit card. More concretely, they’ll receive:
- 50,000 ThankYou points after spending $3,000 within three months, which can be redeemed for 1.6 cents each on American, or transferred to airline partners like Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- A $250 airline credit per calendar year, and before the second year’s annual fee is due they’ll have each earned $500 in airline credits, which is already $50 more than the annual fee; this can be applied towards a vast majority of airline purchases, including the cost of a ticket
Redeem Citi ThankYou points for travel in Singapore Airlines Suites Class
So they’re already way ahead when that happens, but on top of that they’ll get:
- Access to American Admirals Clubs
- A fourth night free hotel benefit
- The most comprehensive Priority Pass membership offered by any card
- A $100 Global Entry fee credit
With the impending changes to the sign-up bonus on the Citi Prestige Card, now is the time to sign up for the card, if you haven’t already. There’s not a card I get as much positive feedback on from readers as the Citi Prestige Card, as it really excels in just about all categories, from the sign-up bonus, to the bonus categories on spend, to the long term perks, which I value immensely.
You have only a few days left to apply under the current offer. It’s anyone’s guess what the offer will look like after that…