In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
The Citi Prestige Card is the all around hottest credit card as far as I’m concerned, between the great sign-up bonus, awesome perks, and generous return on everyday spend.
Among other things, the card offers:
- A sign-up bonus of 40,000 ThankYou Rewards points after spending $4,000 on the card within the first three months — those points can be transferred to one of their airline transfer partners, or be redeemed for $800+ worth of flights on American
- A $250 annual airline credit
- A fourth night free hotel benefit
- The most comprehensive Priority Pass membership offered by any card
- A $100 Global Entry fee credit
The post yesterday was about some verbiage on the Citi website, specifically regarding the fourth night free benefit. This is the single perk of the card I get the most value out of, given how generous the offer is. You get a fourth night free at thousands of hotels worldwide, and even advance purchase or AAA rates qualify. So it’s not like you have to book some inflated rate in order to take advantage of this offer.
Oddly the “Compare Cards” page on Citi’s website referenced “an annual worldwide 4thnight stay at any hotel property.”
That certainly made it sounds like the benefit could only be used once per year, which would be a negative change for sure, given that some people use this benefit multiple times per year.
The good news is that Citi isn’t planning on making changes to the Citi Prestige Card fourth night free benefit:
- Reader DM was able to pull up the same page from last September, and the verbiage was exactly the same, so it seems it has been written this way for a long time (I also tried to look in the archives, but wasn’t able to pull it up)
- I’ve also been informed by Citi representatives that this is a mistake, and Citi is in the process of getting the above reference fixed
So you can continue using the Citi Prestige Card fourth night free benefit as many times as you’d like. And it’s an awesome benefit, and you’re missing out if you don’t have the card and/or aren’t using the benefit.
The process of booking the fourth night free even got easier recently, so see my previous post for all the details on how the Citi Prestige Card fourth night free benefit works.
The fourth night free benefit on the Citi Prestige Card has the potential to be the single biggest perk of the card, so it’s nice to see that they’re not planning any changes to the benefit. The reference on Citi’s website above has been around since last year, and is an error which should be fixed shortly. In the meantime you can keep using this awesome perk to your heart’s content!