In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Update: This offer for the Citi Prestige is expired. You can find the current offer details here.
There’s no need to panic, this is actually good news… at least based on my experience so far.
Why the Citi Prestige Card is awesome
I’ve written extensively about the Citi Prestige Card, which I view as the all around most lucrative card out there, between the sign-up bonus, perks, and return on everyday spend.
The card has a $450 annual fee, though has so many benefits which more than justify the annual fee, in my opinion. These include:
- A sign-up bonus of 50,000 ThankYou Rewards points after spending $3,000 on the card within the first three months — those points can be transferred to one of their airline transfer partners, or be redeemed for $800+ worth of flights on American
- A $250 annual airline credit
- Access to American Admirals Clubs
- A fourth night free hotel benefit
- The most comprehensive Priority Pass membership offered by any card
- A $100 Global Entry fee credit
Why I love the fourth night free hotel benefit
The single benefit on this card I’ve gotten the most value out of has been the fourth night free hotel benefit. With my first year’s annual fee, this perk has saved me well over $1,000, and that doesn’t account for all the other awesome perks of the card. What makes this benefit so awesome is that it’s as “no strings attached” as a free night offer gets.
You can book a stay with the fourth night free at tons of hotels, and it works even on pre-paid rates, AAA/senior rates, most promotional rates, etc. You earn points for your stay as if you booked directly through the hotel as well (and by paying with the Citi Prestige Card you also get triple points on hotel spend).
I’ve used the Citi Prestige fourth night free benefit at the St. Regis Bali
I’ve described this benefit in great detail, so for those not familiar with it, here are the previous posts I wrote about it, which I’d recommend reading up on:
- Citi Prestige Card Fourth Night Free Hotel Benefit Details
- My Experience Using The Citi Prestige Fourth Night Free Benefit
- Is The Citi Prestige Fourth Night Free Hotel Benefit A Gimmick?
- Which Hotels Are Eligible For Citi Prestige 4th Night Free Hotel Benefit?
- How Quickly Does The Citi Prestige Fourth Night Credit Post?
- More Citi Prestige Card 4th Night Free Data Points
- Don’t Forget About Citi Prestige 4th Night Free Benefit
- More Citi Prestige Fourth Night Free Experiences
- Citi Prestige 4th Night Free Hotel Benefit: 5 Misconceptions
- How Is The Citi Prestige Card Free Night Benefit Calculated?
There has been a change in how the Citi Prestige Card fourth night free benefit works, which I figured I’d cover.
What changed about the fourth night free hotel benefit
The concierge Citi uses for the Prestige Card seems to have changed very recently. They used to use Ten Lifestyle Concierge, while now Citi uses Aspire Lifestyles Concierge. I can’t chime in on which is better, since I can’t really say I’ve paid much attention as to which services I’ve used in the past, given that most credit card concierges are really white-label services.
But this switch in concierges has changed one thing drastically. Previously you’d call up the Citi Prestige Concierge, and then they’d have to connect you to a Carlson Wagonlit associate to book the fourth night free hotel benefit. Carlson Wagonlit is a huge travel agency, and some found the process to be a bit of a pain, given that they sometimes couldn’t connect you directly. Instead they’d take down your contact information and then call or email you with a quote within a day or so. Given how quickly hotel rates can change, that could get quite annoying.
Now that Citi has switched services, the Citi Prestige Card concierge can book a hotel using the fourth night free benefit directly. That means they don’t have to conference in an associate from Carlson Wagonlit, so it should make the process significantly faster.
Before anyone is worried, the terms of the fourth night free benefit haven’t changed. I’ve confirmed that it’s still possible to book pre-paid rates, AAA rates, etc., and get the fourth night free.
I’ve used the Citi Prestige fourth night free benefit at The Park Tower Knightsbridge
The fourth night free benefit on the Citi Prestige Card has been the single most lucrative credit card benefit for me over the past year. I’ve always found the booking process to be fairly painless. This will shave a few minutes off that process.
If you don’t yet have the Citi Prestige Card, this benefit alone should be enough reason to consider it. It’s probably the single perk I get the most emails about from readers, as they’re amazed by just how well the perk works. Heck, just the other day a friend texted me the following:
Have you tried the new Citi Prestige concierge since the recent switchover?
(Tip of the hat to Alok)