Earlier I wrote about Air France/KLM’s upcoming FlyingBlue Promo Awards, which are valid for bookings between December 1 and December 31, 2015. As far as North America destinations go, there are 25% discounts on business class awards to/from Mexico City, Montreal, and Vancouver. In other markets outside North America there are bigger discounts, of up to 50%.
However, it seems like I missed the even better promotion.
There are special Promo Awards to celebrate the 10th anniversary of FlyingBlue. These are valid for bookings December 1 through 10, 2015, and for travel January 15 through March 15, 2016.
The sale is valid exclusively for travel in economy, though it offers 50% off in all eligible markets. It’s valid for travel between Europe and 28 markets, including the following (prices are listed one-way factoring in the discounts):
- Europe to Birmingham / KLM / 5,000 miles
- Europe to Bordeaux / KLM/ 5,000 miles
- Europe to Edinburgh / KLM / 5,000 miles
- Europe to Genoa / Air France / 6,250 miles
- Europe to Hamburg / KLM / 5,000 miles
- Europe to Istanbul / Air France & KLM / 7,500 miles
- Europe to Lisbon / Air France / 6,250 miles
- Europe to London / Air France / 5,000 miles
- Europe to Madrid / KLM / 6,250 miles
- Europe to Milan / Air France / 6,250 miles
- Europe to Montpellier / Air France / 5,000 miles
- Europe to Moscow / Air France & KLM / 7,500 miles
- Europe to Nantes / Air France / 5,000 miles
- Europe to Prague / Air France / 7,500 miles
- Europe to St. Petersburg / Air France / 7,500 miles
- Europe to Toulouse / KLM / 5,000 miles
- Europe to Zagreb / KLM / 7,500 miles
- Europe to Zurich / KLM / 5,000 miles
- Europe to Atlanta / Air France & KLM / 12,500 miles
- Europe to Boston / Air France / 12,500 miles
- Europe to Houston / Air France & KLM / 12,500 miles
- Europe to New York JFK / Air France & KLM / 12,500 miles
- Europe to Washington Dulles / Air France & KLM / 12,500 miles
- Europe to Kuala Lumpur / KLM / 20,000 miles
- Europe to Tokyo Narita / Air France / 20,000 miles
- Europe to Dubai / Air France & KLM / 10,000 miles
- Europe to Lima / Air France / 17,500 miles
As far as US markets go, you can book travel from Atlanta, Boston, Houston, New York, or Washington, to Europe, for just 12,500 miles one-way. That’s an incredible value.
The other great news is that the carrier imposed surcharges through FlyingBlue are quite low nowadays for travel in economy. For example, a one-way economy award on Air France between New York and Paris will cost you ~$76, which is much lower than it used to be (the below mileage pricing doesn’t reflect the 50% discount, which will be available starting tomorrow):
Availability is wide open at the saver level for economy travel, so you should have no trouble redeeming through this deal once it goes live tomorrow.
While my preference is usually to redeem miles for first & business class, this is an incredible deal. Paying just 12,500 miles for one-way travel between a handful of US cities and Europe is a fantastic deal, especially as it’s valid over more than a couple of months.
This deal will go live tomorrow, so you can start plotting out your travel now if you’d like your pick of dates. Keep in mind that this promo is just valid for bookings over 10 days, and isn’t valid for the entire December Promo Awards period.
Do you plan on taking advantage of FlyingBlue’s 10th anniversary Promo Award sale?