In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Citi has announced a limited time increased sign-up bonus on their co-branded American Airlines business credit card.
Citi is offering a sign-up bonus of 50,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of account opening. The annual fee on the card is $95, though is waived for the first 12 months.
Great sign-up bonus!
I value American miles at ~1.8 cents each, so to me the sign-up bonus is worth ~$900. That’s a huge sign-up bonus for a card without an annual fee the first year and a reasonable minimum spend requirement.
While there are rumors of 2016 AAdvantage program changes, as of now they just impact the earnings side of miles, and not the redemption side. While an award chart devaluation is inevitable, I think it’ll be several months before that happens.
Which is another reason to apply for this card soon, since 50,000 AAdvantage miles are worth more today than they’ll be in the future.
Not only does this card have a great sign-up bonus, bit it comes with some great perks, including the following:
- First checked bag free on American for you and up to four companions on the same reservation
- Group 1 boarding on American Airlines flights
- Earn a companion certificate each year when you spend $30,000 or more on the card
- Earn 2x AAdvantage miles per dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- As of November 15, 2015, earn 2x AAdvantage miles per dollar spent on telecommunications and car rental merchants, and at gas stations
This is a fantastic increased sign-up bonus on American’s co-branded business credit card, which I’d highly recommend taking advantage of. I value the sign-up bonus at ~$900, which is pretty great for a card with the annual fee waived the first year and a minimum spend requirement of just $3,000.