In fact, my wife read both posts and summed it up fairly well, “Yep, you’re all nuts. But, I sure do like flying in the front of the plane.”
I thought I’d offer a little twist on the discussion. So, here are some of the crazy travel related things my little ones have said as a result of being raised by a miles and points geek.
1. “But how are we supposed to sleep on the plane, daddy?” After discovering most airplane seats don’t turn into beds.
2. “We can just tell her we’re going out for donuts and go to India instead.” Brainstorming ideas for convincing Mommy to take a trip.
3. “My monkey’s name is Argentina because that’s where he’s from.” Her standard introduction for anyone who meets her “pet.”
4. “Daddy, they put the steering wheel on the wrong side in this car.” A keen observation about our rental car in Ireland.
5. “I had way more fun in Ireland playing with Ms. Angela.” A great reminder that no matter where they take you, your parents are never cool.
6. “I’m wearing these for crazy sock day at school.” Said as she digs into an amenity kit and pulls out socks longer than her legs.
7. “Can we use the Emirates blindfold for this instead?” Apparently the Cathay Pacific eye mask wasn’t getting the job done while playing pin the tail on the donkey.
8. “Daddy says I can only hang out in bars that are on airplanes.” She didn’t sleep for 14 hours and was just learning to walk. We paced a lot!
9. “You said we’re going to Mexico, is that where Disneyland is?” A not-so-subtle reminder of her travel wishlist.
10. “Travel is awesome!”