Starwood has just announced yet another promo, this time centered around their limited service hotels.
Starwood is offering a $50 Prepaid Mastercard after your third stay at a Four Points, Aloft, or Element property between now and November 30, 2015.
The basic terms of the promotion are as follows:
- Registration is required by November 30, 2015
- Eligible stays include paid stays of one or more night (Free Night and Cash & Points stays don’t qualify towards the promotion)
- The $50 gift card should be sent to the guest’s SPG registered address within two to four weeks of the third qualifying stay posting
- Each SPG member is limited to one $50 Prepaid Mastercard reward
So basically this is like an extra return of ~$17 per stay at a Four Points, Aloft, or Element property for three stays. That’s a nice extra return, though probably not worth switching hotels over.
The great news is that Starwood is running several concurrent promotions at the moment, so there are quite a few bonus opportunities with SPG. Specifically:
- Starwood’s Make It Count promotion, whereby you can earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints with every weekend stay of at least two nights
- Starwood’s Sheraton Free Weekends promotion, whereby you can earn one free weekend night at a Sheraton after every five nights
- Starwood is also offering targeted promotions this summer; for example, I can earn a 25% discount on a free night redemption after six stays this summer
For what it’s worth, the full terms of this promotion are as follows:
Registration: SPG® members must register online by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on November 30, 2015. Registered members can earn a $50 Prepaid Mastercard® once three (3) or more stays of one (1) night or more have been completed between July 15, 2015 and November 30, 2015 (the “Promotion Period”) at any Four Points®, Aloft®, or ElementSM hotel.
Earning: Registered members paying an eligible rate on three (3) or more stays of one (1) or more consecutive nights at a participating hotel or resort will earn one (1) $50 Prepaid Mastercard®. Stays can occur on any day of the week.
Bonusing: The one (1) $50 Prepaid Mastercard® will be sent to the guest’s SPG registered address within two to four weeks of the third and qualifying stay posts.
Eligible Stays: An Eligible Stay is defined as one (1) or more consecutive nights paying an Eligible Rate in the same hotel. Guests cannot check in and check out within the same stay period to meet the qualifying number of stays for the promotion. An Eligible Rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints® in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. A description of SPG-participating hotels and resorts and of Eligible Stays and Eligible Rates can be found at spg.com under Terms & Conditions of the SPG Program. See Section 1.4 b iii for the complete definition of Eligible Rates. Note that certain room reservations — e.g., when the booking is made through a third party, including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com, orbitz.com and delta.com — are not considered Eligible Rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify for promotional earnings.
As I said above, this promotion isn’t generally one I would switch stays over, though if you’re going to stay at Starwood limited service properties anyway, you might as well pick up a $50 gift card. This promotion does run for several months, so it shouldn’t be too tough to take advantage of.
Between this and the other promotions Starwood is running this summer, it’s a great time to be an SPG member!