To celebrate Singapore’s 50th anniversary, Singapore Airlines is offering 50% off select KrisFlyer redemptions made through their website. The promotion is valid for travel through July 10, 2015, and the 50% discount is in place of the 15% online booking discount you’d usually get (in other words, you can’t stack the 15% online booking discount with the 50% discount).
Of course I wish these discounts applied for premium cabin awards, but in many cases this promotion could still represent a great value.
Here are the list of eligible cities and flights for the purposes of the promotion:
As you can see, the flight between Singapore and Houston is eligible for this promotion, lowering the cost to 18,750 KrisFlyer miles one-way. That’s a great price, though there are still some hefty taxes and carrier imposed surcharges.
This can also be a great value for shorthaul awards. For example, an award between Singapore and Bali will cost you just 3,750 KrisFlyer miles one-way, which is a great value.
If I had to fly economy, I don’t think there’s an airline I’d rather be on than Singapore Airlines.
As a reminder, Singapore’s KrisFlyer program is transfer partners with American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Preferred, and Starwood Preferred Guest, so there are lots of ways to accrue KrisFlyer miles.
Here are the full terms of the promotion:
1. Bookings may only be made on singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, booking agents, or any other medium.
2. Bookings are valid only for online redemption of applicable Saver awards in Economy Class on selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights.
3. Online redemption bookings must be made by 10 July 2015.
4. Tickets redeemed through this promotion are not applicable for upgrades.
5. This promotion is only applicable to confirmed flights. Waitlisted flights during this promotional period will be subject to the terms and conditions of this promotion if they are confirmed from the waitlist. This includes waitlisted flights made before the promotional period.
6. The travel period is from 20 May to 10 July 2015. All travel on the above selected flights must be completed by 10 July 2015.
7. There will be no 15% online redemption booking discount for this promotion in addition to the 50% redemption discount.
8. Taxes, fuel surcharges and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and paid separately by the passenger in the applicable currency.
9. The 50% discount is only applicable on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an award ticket. It does not apply to commercial tickets purchased with part miles, part cash. Taxes, surcharges and fees are separately charged and payable and are not subject to any discount.
10. This promotion is not valid with any other discount or promotion.
11. All ticket redemptions are subject to seat availability at time of booking in Economy Saver Class.
12. Redemption on Premium Economy is currently not available.
13. Redemption is not permitted on Singapore Airlines’ code-share flights operated on aircraft of other airlines.
14. Reissuing, revalidation, change to flight number, date of travel and/or itinerary is not permitted for tickets purchased through this promotion.
15. Return trip tickets must be booked, purchased and travelled within the promotion period. If any part of the itinerary is outside the promotional period, or if the itinerary includes a destination or flight number that is not part of the promotion, the 50% promotional discount will not apply to any part of the itinerary.
16. KrisFlyer, Singapore Airlines and SilkAir terms and conditions apply.
17. Singapore Airlines and SilkAir reserve the right to change the eligible destinations, flight numbers and travel dates, without prior notice.
18. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions or terminate this promotion without prior notice at their own sole discretion.
19. For enquiries, please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services on (65) 67898188 or email KrisFlyer Membership Services.
While not useful to everyone, hopefully some will be able to get value out of this promotion. Singapore’s premium cabin redemption rates continue to represent a great value with just the 15% online booking discount as well. Though if you’re looking to save miles, this can be a fantastic value.