Silvercar is the innovative company that actually makes renting cars fun.
As I’ve explained in the past, they have only one kind of car, an Audi A4, and it comes with a bunch of cool features. This includes free GPS, wifi, satellite radio, fair toll tracking, and a fair fuel plan.
One of the other cool things about Silvercar is that they’ve long offered a referral program, much like Uber, whereby both the person referring and the person being referred get a bonus after the first qualifying rental.
The system has been a bit tedious, though. If you referred people you’d simply receive a Prepaid Visa Card by email at the end of every month, which you could have delivered electronically or by mail. You’d never actually know which referral the card was from, as it would just give you a reward for the number of referrals without attributing them to rentals.
Well, the good news is that Silvercar has greatly improved the simplicity and transparency of their referral program.
Per the Silvercar Blog:
Today we kick off an all new referral program to give our Silvercar peeps a better experience when you send friends our way, because let’s be honest, the last one kinda sucked.
This one focuses on better discoverability, transparency and speedy payments.
Here’s how it works:
1. Find your code in your Silvercar profile on our desktop website under “Referral Program.”
2. Share your code with whoever you want, we don’t care how, just do it.
3. Once your friend books a reservation with Silvercar, you’ll get an email letting you know you’re one step closer to payday.
4. When your friend completes their first reservation, you will both get an email within 24 to claim your $25 rewards via Paypal from “Silvercar” email@example.com. No fees or hidden charges.
This is a huge improvement:
- You’ll receive an email once someone books a reservation using your Silvercar referral code
- Once the first rental is completed, you’ll receive an email within 24 hours to claim your $25 reward
- Now payments are made via Paypal rather than using a Prepaid Visa Card
Kudos to Silvercar on this huge improvement to the referral process.
If you haven’t yet rented from Silvercar, simply go to the sign-up page on silvercar.com, and enter the “Referral Code” at the bottom of the page. If you’d like to use my code (which I’d of course be incredibly grateful for) it’s BSCHLAPPIG, though feel free to post yours below as well, and someone else can use it.
Kudos to Silvercar on this improvement. Renting from Silvercar is already a joy, their referral program is awesome, and this only makes it even better.
Have you rented from Silvercar yet?