In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Update: This offer for the Citi ThankYou® Premier Card is expired. Learn more about the current offer here.
Update: This offer for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus(TM) World Elite Mastercard® is expired. Learn more about the current offer here.
As I first posted about several weeks ago, Daily Getaways is back earlier than normal this year, and is a great opportunity to purchase hotel points and travel packages at a discount. It’s sponsored by the US Travel Association, and every weekday for five weeks they’re offering discounted travel packages.
So far I’ve posted mostly about the opportunities to buy hotel points at a discount:
- Purchase IHG Rewards Club points for ~0.58-0.6 cents each
- Purchase Club Carlson points for ~0.45 cents each
- Purchase Hilton HHonors points for ~0.5 cents each
- Purchase Best Western Rewards points for ~0.55 cents each
- Purchase Choice Privileges points for ~0.4 cents each
Yesterday I posted about the first hotel stay packages that I found potentially worthwhile (as opposed to points packages), whereby discounted stays at Loews Hotels could be purchased.
Today at 1PM we’re seeing some Las Vegas hotel packages go on sale, which can also potentially be worthwhile. Admittedly this is a bit more “niche” than outright purchasing hotel points which can be used for all kinds of things, but for the right person these can be a great value.
The packages available for sale are as follows:
Getaway for 2 to Mandalay Bay — 3 Nights for $1,525 (6 available)
- Three nights in a 1-bedroom Sky View Suite at Mandalay Bay — maximum 2 people
- Two tickets to Michael Jackson ONE a Cirque du Soleil show at Mandalay Bay
- Two dinners for 2 people at a restaurant of your choice inside Mandalay Bay
- Two – 50 minute massages (one per guest) at Spa Mandalay
Getaway for two to New York-New-York — 2 Nights for $475 (4 available)
- Two consecutive nights in a Spa Suite (double occupancy) at the New York-New York Hotel & casino
- Room and tax included
- 2 tickets to Zumanity by Cirque du Soleil
- Dinner for 2 at Gallagher’s Steakhouse (valued at $400)
Getaway for two to The Mirage — 3 Nights for $1,780 (8 available)
- Three consecutive night stay in a Mirage Suite or similar suite (double occupancy)
- Airport limousine transfers to and from McCarran Airport to The Mirage
- Dinner for two at Japonais
- Dinner for two at Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak
- Dinner for two at Portofino Italian Cuisine
Getaway for two to Excalibur — 4 Nights for $475 (8 available)
- Four consecutive nights in a Contemporary Tower Room (double occupancy) at the Excalibur
- 2 tickets to the Criss Angel Believe OR Jabawockeez
- $400 food & beverage credit at select Excalibur or Luxor restaurants
- Offer expires January 31, 2016 — blackout dates of December 30 and 31, 2015, apply
VIP Getaway to HOTEL32 — 2 nights for $1,050 (6 available)
- Two nights in a one-bedroom PENTHOUSE Suite at HOTEL32 (double occupancy)
- Dinner for two at BRAND Steakhouse (value of $400)
- Two VIP tickets to the turbo-charged Blue Man Group show
- Round-trip airport limousine transfers (between McCarran airport and the Monte Carlo)
Which credit card to use?
Keep in mind Daily Getaways purchases are processed by Daily Getaways, and not the program from which you’re buying points. In other words, if you’re using this promotion to buy a hotel package, your purchase will be processed by Daily Getaways and not by the hotel directly (therefore it doesn’t count as hotel spend).
However, Daily Getaways is considered a “travel” provider, so you can still earn bonus points for your Daily Getaways purchases:
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers double points on all travel purchases, including Daily Getaways
- The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card offers double points on airfare, hotels and travel Agencies — since Daily Getaways seems to be categorized as a “Travel Agency,” it should qualify for double as points; if it were April 19, 2015 or later, this purchase would have accrued triple points
- Presumably you could also reimburse yourself for a Daily Getaways purchase with the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite Mastercard®, given that Daily Getaways is categorized as a travel agency
Las Vegas is one of those markets where “value” means different things to different people. If you’re a true high roller then you may very well get all hotels and food comped, in which case this promotion doesn’t present much value.
If you have a specific hotel you like to stay at and it’s not on the above list, then this promotion won’t be valuable to you.
If you hate Vegas, this promotion won’t be valuable to you.
But all things considered, for the casual Vegas-goer, I think some of the above packages are quite a good deal. If you’re looking for a budget trip, the Excalibur or New York-New York deals are tough to beat.
Meanwhile if you’re looking for something a bit more luxurious, the Mandalay Bay and The Mirage offers are quite good values as well.
Do you plan on purchasing a Las Vegas travel package through Daily Getaways?