Via the Uber blog:
Catch a sneak-peek of The Royals on your car’s iPad while you ride, and adorn yourself in a selection of regal bits and bobs. You’ll enjoy the grand opportunity of parading around town in noble fashion, so you’d best start practicing your royal wave.
How it works
- Open up your Uber app
- Enter promo code RoyalRideNYC
- Request ROYALS between 6pm and midnight on Thursday, March 12, Friday, March 13, and Saturday, March 14. On Sunday, March 15, royal rides will be available from 3pm to 9pm so you can be home in time to catch the premiere.
- Royal rides will only be available in Manhattan below 59th Street
- Trips are limited to 30 minutes and must begin and end below 59th Street in Manhattan
- Royal Rides can accommodate up to 4 passengers
Uber has run promotions similar to this in the past. One of their most lucrative ever was a couple of weeks ago when they offered free rides and 15,000 Starpoints in five cities across the world in celebration of the new SPG & Uber partnership.
It goes without saying that availability will likely be very limited here. They’re not simply giving everyone free Rolls Royce rides over several days. That being said, this is a fun promo, so if you’re in NYC during the eligible times you might as well give it a shot.
If you luck out and get a Rolls Royce, please do report back!