IHG Rewards Club’s PointBreaks promotion is traditionally one of the best promotions in the hotel industry. Through this promotion, select hotels are available for just 5,000 points per night. Since IHG Rewards Club points can be indirectly purchased for 0.7 cents each, that’s like booking stays at certain hotels for just $35 per night.
IHG Rewards Club’s current PointBreaks promotion runs through February 28, 2015, though they’ve let me know that the next PointBreaks list will be valid for bookings & stays between February 25 and May 31, 2015.
Here is a sampling of the more than 140 properties that will be featured on the next list:
- InterContinental Lhasa Paradise, Lhasa, XZ, China
- Crowne Plaza Suites Tequendama Bogota, Colombia
- Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica
- Holiday Inn Genoa City, Genova, Italy
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Anderson Rd/Veterans Exp, Florida, United States
- Staybridge Suites West Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Candlewood Suites Bloomington, Indiana, United States
The full list of participating properties will be released tomorrow, and then they’ll become bookable the following day. I’ll report back tomorrow with the full list.
As always, if properties on the list interest you, it makes sense to book as soon as possible, since the better hotels seem to sell out pretty quickly.