Last night I wrote about the hilarious new six-part BBC Three series, entitled “The Airport of Smiles: Bangkok Airport.” Here’s the 30 second trailer:
Anyway, the first episode has been uploaded to YouTube, and it’s hilarious. If you have an hour you have to watch it:
A few caveats/thoughts:
- Is it a documentary? No way. There are much more accurate airport documentaries out there. This show is meant to be amusing and lighthearted, while still showing some cool parts of airport operations you might not otherwise be exposed to.
- Even though it’s a British documentary, it doesn’t exactly paint Brits in the best way. Of course that’s simply a function of them mostly following around Brits (since that’s the audience they’re targeting), and people in shambles make better TV than anything else.
- I’m totally seeking out Doctor Jack and Captain Jack the next time I pass through Bangkok (you’ve gotta love that he’s an airline pilot and works in the hospital)!
- Those two British girls… OMG… I just can’t!
- That head injury stuff is graphic!
So, if you watched it, what did you think? 🙂