While Marriott Rewards isn’t my favorite hotel loyalty program, they do have some fairly lucrative promotions. One of their most popular promotions is MegaBonus, whereby historically they offer a free night certificate valid at a Category 1-4 property after two paid stays.
Marriott MegaBonus 2015
Well, Marriott Rewards is back with MegaBonus, though there doesn’t seem to be a free night certificate option this time around. Unfortunately this promotion being less generous seems to be the trend, since the 2014 MegaBonus promotion didn’t have a free night option either.
As usual this promo is targeted, with there being several versions of the offer. My offer is as follows:
- Register by March 31, 2015
- Stay at participating properties between February 1 and April 30, 2015
- Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points
I value Marriott Rewards points at ~0.8 cents each, so to me this is like a “return” of $20 for my second through eleventh hotel stays during the promotion (which isn’t happening, since I’m not a Marriott guy).
The terms for the promotion are as follows:
- A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Registration is required.
- Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion by March 31, 2015 will earn 2,500 bonus points on every stay, starting with their second paid stay – up to 25,000 bonus points for stays made between February 1 and April 30, 2015, at participating Marriott® properties.
- The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stay.
- Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Gaylord Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club and Moxy Hotels.
- Stays at select participating Protea Hotels will count toward achievement beginning February 23, 2015. For a list of participating Protea Hotels visit MarriottRewards.com/proteahotels.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
- Visit Marriott Rewards MegaBonus, Marriott Rewards Customer Care or call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7468), or call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Support office for complete details.
Marriott MegaBonus bottom line
I wouldn’t expect much in terms of promotions on the hotel front in 2015. This promotion is better than nothing, though I also don’t see myself switching any business to Marriott as a result of this offer.
Have you been targeted with a better version of the MegaBonus promotion? If so, are you happy with it?