Delta SkyMiles is offering an award sale for tickets booked by November 2, 2014.
The promotion is valid for travel in select markets between December 3, 2014, and February 18, 2015.
Through this promotion you can receive discounts of up to 10,000 miles on roundtrip economy award tickets within the US, or between the US and the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and South America.
Here’s how many miles you can save through this promotion:
As you can see, the promotion is valid on both saver and standard award tickets (peak award tickets are not eligible for a discount).
Since this is SkyMiles we’re talking about, there are a few more restrictions, as you might expect:
- The following blackout dates apply in all markets: December 19 through December 24, 2014, December 26, 2014 through January 5, 2015, January 16, 2015, January 19, 2015, February 13, 2015 and February 16, 2015.
- The promotion is only valid for travel on Delta and Delta Connection — travel on partner airlines doesn’t qualify for the discount
- Tickets to/from Argentina, Brazil, and Chile require a seven day minimum stay
Last month Delta SkyMiles also ran an award sale, though that was only valid for elite members and/or those with their co-branded American Express credit cards. This promotion is open to all SkyMiles members.
So while economy class awards aren’t my preferred way to redeem SkyMiles, there definitely is some value to be had with this promotion. You can book saver domestic awards for 21,000 SkyMiles roundtrip, assuming you can find space. And on top of that:
- Delta SkyMiles doesn’t charge close-in award processing fees
- Elite members are under some circumstances eligible for upgrades on award tickets
This isn’t how I’ll be redeeming my SkyMiles, but there’s definitely value to be had here for some.
Does anyone plan on redeeming SkyMiles through this promotion?