In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Update: These offers for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express are expired. Learn more about the current offer here.
Delta SkyMiles is offering discounted economy award tickets for travel on Delta & Delta Connection booked by tomorrow, Tuesday, September 23, 2014.
The promotion is valid for Delta SkyMiles Medallion members, as well as those with a Gold, Platinum, or Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express. In order to qualify, the miles must come out of the account of an eligible elite member or card member, and that person must be traveling.
Delta SkyMiles is offering the following discounts:
- 4,000 miles off saver level travel within the U.S. 48 contiguous states (U.S. 48) and between select destinations in the U.S. 48 and Mexico, Central America, Northern South America and the Caribbean
- 10,000 miles off saver level travel between select destinations in the U.S. 48 and Southern South America, Europe and Asia
- 8,000 miles off standard level travel within the U.S. 48 and between select destinations in the U.S. 48 and Mexico, Central America, Northern South America and the Caribbean.
The promotion is valid for travel between October 22, 2014, and February 28, 2015, though the following blackout dates apply:
- November 20 through December 2, 2014
- December 19 through December 24, 2014
- December 26 through December 29, 2014
- December 31, 2014
- January 1 through January 5, 2015
- January 16, 2015, January 19, 2015
- February 13, 2015 and February 16, 2015
Furthermore, a seven day minimum stay applies for awards booked to Europe, Southern South America and Asia through this promotion.
There’s no doubt there are a ton of restrictions here and it definitely won’t be useful to everyone, but in some cases there’s good value to be had here.
You’re looking at just 21,000 miles for a roundtrip domestic economy ticket.
Or 50,000 miles for a roundtrip economy ticket between the US and Europe.
The promotion is only valid for travel on Delta metal, and saver level space on them can be limited, but in the winter it’s definitely not bad for travel to Europe.
Of course I prefer redeeming my miles for international premium cabins, though I also know that everyone has different redemption goals.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Delta SkyMiles award sale?