Yesterday I wrote about IHG Rewards Club’s Into The Nights promotion, which will be their fall promotion. The promotion is valid for stays between September 4 and December 31, 2014.
The promotion has gone live today, so if you log into your IHG Rewards Club account you should see your customized offer available.
My offer is for up to 58,300 IHG Rewards Club points for completing the individual tasks, plus an additional 23,000 bonus points for completing a total of four of the tasks, for a total of 81,300 IHG Rewards Club points.
The basic “tasks” are as follows:
- 13,200 points / Stay More / Stay 6 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide
- 7,200 points / Weekender / Stay 2 Saturdays at any of our IHG hotel brands
- 16,800 points / Authentic Experiences / Stay at 3 InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts
- 4,300 points / Download and book on the IHG App / Download and sign in to the IHG App and book a stay
- 16,800 points / Globetrotter / Travel 3 time(s) internationally
That’s a total of 58,300 base points, plus an extra 23,000 points or two free nights if I complete four of the five tasks. I’m still trying to figure out how the two free nights works, since that has the potential to be pretty lucrative. I don’t see it specifically addressed in the terms, unfortunately.
This is actually a fairly lucrative promotion. I could potentially earn all the bonus points in six nights. Or I could complete four of the five tasks by making three international stays at InterContinental hotels, two of which are over the weekend. That would earn me ~65,000 bonus points, so that would be over 20,000 bonus points per night. Not too shabby at all!
There are of course two things to keep in mind when it comes to IHG Rewards Club points:
- They can be indirectly purchased for 0.7 cents each, so it’s pretty easy to quantify the value of the promotion
- IHG doesn’t honor elite benefits on award stays, at least per the terms; many hotels go above and beyond to honor them anyway
What does your IHG Into The Nights offer look like?