In terms of things that make you go “seriously?!” Alaska’s Mileage Plan frequent flyer program is down for four days, through August 18, 2014.
Scheduled Mileage Plan™ Outage: August 14-18, 2014
The Mileage Plan™ system is undergoing scheduled maintenance and will be unavailable through August 18, 2014. During this period, Mileage Plan™ members will be unable to access their Mileage Plan™ accounts either online or via Reservations/Customer Care, and have limited access to their My Account profiles.
During the outage, Mileage Plan™ numbers can only be added to a reservation during Web or Mobile Check-In or at an Airport Check-In Kiosk.
Please expect a delay in the posting of miles or Elite Status earned during the week surrounding the outage.
Thank you for your patience. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
During the outage, Mileage Plan™ members will be able to:
- Sign in to their My Account profiles at alaskaair.com
- View and use My Wallet funds
- View My Trips
- Add Mileage Plan™ numbers to reservations
- Utilize Complimentary Upgrades
- View and use most Discount Codes
During the outage, Mileage Plan™ members will not be able to:
- View current Mileage Plan™ balance
- View current account activity
- Redeem miles for awards or upgrades
- Change an existing award reservation
- Request Complimentary Gold Guest Upgrades
- Enroll in or renew Board Room memberships
- Update personal information in My Account
- Request mileage credit
- Register for Double Miles promotions
I’m not an IT expert, but seriously? In 2014 a frequent flyer program just shuts their doors for four days for an outage?
Anyone care to chime in as to what would cause something like this?
(Tip of the hat to Steve)