While Marriott Rewards isn’t my favorite hotel loyalty program, they do have some fairly lucrative promotions. One of their most popular promotions is MegaBonus, whereby historically they offer a free night certificate valid at a Category 1-4 property after two paid stays.
Well, Marriott Rewards is back with MegaBonus, though unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a free night certificate option this time around.
With MegaBonus there’s usually one standard offer, and then several varieties of targeted offers. This time around the standard offer is as follows:
- Double points with every paid stay, starting with the second one
- A maximum of 25,000 bonus points
- You must stay between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015
- Registration is required by November 15, 2014
You ordinarily earn 10 “base” points per dollar spent at full service Marriott properties, so you’re basically earning double points on your first $2,500 spent during the promotion. 25,000 points is enough for a free night at a Category 5 property, which would be Marriott’s mid-tier.
To see if you’re targeted for a better promotion, simply register for MegaBonus and you should see the promotions your account was targeted for on the registration page. Unfortunately I wasn’t targeted for any additional promotion.
Once registered I was presented with the following terms:
Congratulations! You are now enrolled in the MegaBonus Promotion. Stay at any of more than 3,800 Marriott hotels worldwide between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015 and earn double bonus points up to 25,000 bonus points toward a future stay, starting with your second paid stay. That’s in addition to the base points you’ll earn on those stays.
- *A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Registration is required.
- Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 15, 2014 will earn double points starting with their second paid stay – up to 25,000 bonus points for stays made between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015, at participating Marriott properties.
- The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stay.
- Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Gaylord Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club and Moxy Hotels.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
- Visit www.marriottrewards.com/MegaBonus, www.marriottrewards.com/customer-service, or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
Marriott MegaBonus bottom line
I’d say the basic promotion isn’t very lucrative at all, though hopefully the targeted ones are better.
Have you been targeted with a better version of the MegaBonus promotion? If so, are you happy with it?