Uber is expanding like crazy globally… including to Tijuana!
Not only are they expanding to Tijuana, but they’re offering Uber customers 10 free rides each through August 15, 2014:
The safe and reliable transportation option that you know and love has arrived in Tijuana! The official launch is upon us, so we’d like to celebrate Uber’s presence in TJ with FREE rides. Yes, that’s right. FREE rides in Tijuana! From Avenida Revolución to the Playas de Tijuana, Uber can help you travel with comfort and ease.Ready to take a south-of-the-border vacation? Plan your trip before August 15th and check out the details below to learn how you can ride for free.HOW IT WORKS:
- Once you’ve crossed the border, open your Uber app.
- Request a ride and explore the city in style.
- No need to enter a code. The promotion will automatically apply to new and existing users, so be sure to share the #UberTJ love with all your friends.THE DETAILS:
- Free rides end at 6 AM on Friday, August 15th.
- Maximum of 10 FREE rides per user, up to $200 MXN per ride.
- Valid only in Tijuana. See coverage map here.
I’ve seen them offer plenty of promotions over the years when they expand to new cities, but never 10 free rides, especially without a promotion code.
Is it time to plan a vacation to Tijuana over the coming weeks? 😉