It has been a couple of weeks since Qatar Airways has announced a delay to their A380 service, so I figured it’s time for another update, just so y’all know I’m still alive and haven’t lost my passion for drama in the airline industry.
For those of you not caught up on this saga:
- In late April, Qatar Airways announced they’d launch A380 service to London as of June 17, 2014
- In mid May, Qatar Airways announced they’d launch A380 service to Paris as of July 3, 2014
- In late May, Qatar Airways announced they’d delay their A380 service to London until July 1, 2014
- In lat(er) May, Qatar Airways announced the A380 would be further delayed by “several weeks” due to some “fine tuning of the interior”
- In early June, Qatar Airways stopped accepting first class reservations on flights that were scheduled to be operated by the A380
- In mid June, Qatar Airways announced they’d delay their A380 service to London until at least August 1, 2014
Now it looks like Qatar Airways won’t inaugurate A380 service to London Heathrow until at least September 1, 2014 — and I would guess that’s really aspirational.
QATAR Airways today (03JUL14) further revised planned Airbus A380 operation, which now sees Super Jumbo inaugural for Doha – London Heathrow tentatively scheduled on 01SEP14. QR003/004, previously scheduled by A380 in August 2014, will continue to see A340-600 operating.
Inventory display for the month of September 2014 remains unchanged, as majority of A380 booking class is closed between 01SEP14 and 08SEP14, based on Doha departure.
QR003 DOH0755 – 1315LHR 388 D
QR004 LHR1505 – 2350DOH 388 D
On Doha – Paris CDG route, QR continues to display A380 operation begins on 16AUG14, however inventory continues to list 2 class service between 16AUG14 and 30SEP14.
Via airlineroute.net, Qatar Airways has also tentatively delayed A380 service to Paris until at least September 1, 2014:
QATAR Airways on Friday (04JUL14) adjusted its inventory, which sees inaugural date for QATAR Airbus A380 service on Doha – Paris CDG route being delayed, until 01SEP14. Note the 01SEP14 is tentative, as the airline continues to display 2-class service from 01SEP14 to 30SEP14.
From 16AUG14 to 31AUG14, QR039/040 is mainly operated by Boeing 777-300ER.
QR039 DOH0810 – 1410CDG 77W D
QR040 CDG1600 – 2320DOH 77W D
Simply amazing. At this point I would be impressed if they start A380 service this year…