“All By Myself” Las Vegas Airport Video

There’s a “music video” that’s circulating the web today, to the tune of “All By Myself.” It was shot with an iPhone at Las Vegas Airport during an overnight layover:

If this was in fact a spur of the moment thing, he did a damn good job, in my opinion.

Comments

1. Ivan Y says

Haha, this is pretty cool although since he’s a guy and could’ve used the original song by Eric Carmen (came out in 1975; Celine covered it in 1996). Original is so old, most people probably would’ve thought he was the one singing it ;)

P.S. While searching Wikipedia for the year of the original song, I read something interesting. Apparently, estate of Russian composer Sergei Rachmaninoff receives (or had received) 12 percent of the royalties from “All By Myself” as well as “Never Gonna Fall in Love Again” because Eric Carmen used two of Rachmaninoff’s compositions.

2. Geoff says

I’ve spent wayyyy too many late nights at LAS awaiting my red-eyes. This vid was good.

3. Lisa says

A few years ago, I spent 9 hours at McCarran after a misconnect. That was during the day and it was boring as hell. I roamed the entire airport just to change the scenery, so I can fully imagine what this would be like.

4. TravelinWilly says

Whomever’s sing-screaming this sounds like a tractor grinding its gears.

Clever vid, though.

5. Phil says

No way do I spend the night at LAS. A $7 cab ride will get you to the strip. For $40.00 more you can get a night at Excalibur.

6. E says

Except for Excalibur… Phil has it right. Absolutely no reason (unless he already got his ass handed to him) to stay in the airport for that long when you are in Vegas.

I can think of at countless things to do at 2AM in Vegas.

7. John DELTA says

Unfortunately for the “myth” the whole thing was staged with the knowledge & permission of McCarran International LV Airport.

It was an advertising gimmick.

Just sayin’

8. Chris says

Got to agree with john delta….too we’ll planned and acted (notice zooming effects) to be spontaneous, but great video nonetheless.

9. mdtravel says

Y’all got punked. This is so, so, so, very obviously staged. Lighting and camera angles and…well staged.

10. JohnB says

TravelinWilly,

Celine Dion’s Las Vegas show, “A New Day” was one of the most successful single star shows in Las Vegas history. Grossing $400 million over 4 years. So, successful, that Celine is till playing at Caesar’s. So, obviously many people like her tractor gear grinding voice!