Daily Getaways is a promotion sponsored by American Express and the U.S. Travel Association, and is intended to boost US tourism. Every weekday from May 19 through June 20, 2014, travel packages and getaways will be on sale at discounted prices. The good thing is that you don’t have to decide on your dates or travel right away, because most packages come in the form of certificates or points, which can be redeemed over time.
A few things to keep in mind for all of these travel packages:
- Travel packages go on sale at 1PM ET, so you’ll want to be there a couple of minutes early if you want to take full advantage of it
- You get a 10% discount for paying with your American Express Card, which will be applied at the time of purchase
- Some travel packages sell out quickly, so if one shows as “sold out,” keep refreshing your browser and more packages may become available from people that “reserved” one in their cart but didn’t complete the purchase
Today’s Daily Getaways Package: Discounted Marriott gift cards
Today Daily Getaways is offering discounted Marriott gift cards, in the following increments:
- $100 Marriott gift card / $90 / 410 available
- $500 Marriott gift card / $450 / 305 available
- $1,000 Marriott gift card / $900 / 75 available
So that’s Marriott gift cards at 10% off face value, and then if you pay with an American Express Card you get a further 10% discount, for a total of 19% off Marriott gift cards if paying with an American Express.
Do keep in mind that you can’t use a Marriott gift card if you’re booking a stay that requires full pre-payment at the time of booking, though it can be used at any Marriott hotel to settle a bill. You can even use one to pay for spend at a Marriott restaurant, spa, etc., even if you’re not staying at the hotel.
If you have an upcoming stay at a Marriott, taking advantage of this is an absolute no brainer, assuming you can get in on the deal. Quantities aren’t quite as limited as during Hyatt’s points sale last week, but still limited compared to other promotions, like the IHG Rewards Club points sale the week prior.
Will you try to take advantage of the Marriott Daily Getaways deal?